Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing the new 2010 Porsche Cayman S with new options for the first time on a skidpan. Under test: LSD, PCCB, PASM, Capristo exhaust, R Spec tires and a few other things.

Camera used in one of those little spy cameras clipped onto the number plate.

Can you believe I hit around 120kph on that tiny little surface? Which was actually quiet slippery owing to a fine coating of small loose stones (blue metal) on surface?

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Looks more like some sort of autox course, a skid pad would be where you are say going around in circles faster and faster until your car skids out trying to achieve maximum g's. I love the part with the camera in the rear and you can hear the Capristo wail! :)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its at the RAC driving center (previously AHG). You can get some laps in a V8 "Super Car". *coughs* - nothing special, not a real track.

I guess you could do circle work if you wanted, however for the day it was setup with cones as a mini AX course with the idea to actually go around without skiding out. Off camera some other cars were doing skiding stuff nearby.
Now I think about it, that crappy surface must be intentional.

:cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh ok. I had a few laps in a V8 Supercar with HRT and Mark Skaife driving at Oran Park a couple of years back which was a blast. Worth doing if you get a chance.

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
US spec cars only have one reverse gear. That was pretty cool. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.