Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I’m looking for a car to visit potential clients around Europe. I expect to drive around 125k KM in the coming three years. (= 40k KM a year). After that, I’d sell the car.

My dream car is a 991S cab, but unless the majority here say GO FOR IT, it don’t think it’s a smart financial move.

I really like the Panamera - much preferred over an S-class, and 2012 models can be had for a lot less than the 911.

If you were in my shoes, would you:

A) buy a low mileage car (under 50k KM for 40k EUR), put 125k KM on it and sell it.

B) buy a high mileage car (125K KM for 30k EUR), put 125k KM on it and sell it.

What’s the best way to do this, bearing in mind repair costs (that are higher in B), depreciation (higher in A), and difficulty of reselling later on (higher in B).

Any other tips you’d give a first time owner? Based in Europe.

All the best,

Michael Grey

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
A) buy a low mileage car (under 50k KM for 40k EUR), put 125k KM on it and sell it.

B) buy a high mileage car (125K KM for 30k EUR), put 125k KM on it and sell it.
Paying $10K more for a car with 75K fewer kms is a no brainer in my mind. Most cars will need some major refurbishing at about 175-200 km so buying the lower mileage car will save you that repair cost, and as you say you will recoup some of the extra $10K when you sell it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paying $10K more for a car with 75K fewer kms is a no brainer in my mind. Most cars will need some major refurbishing at about 175-200 km so buying the lower mileage car will save you that repair cost, and as you say you will recoup some of the extra $10K when you sell it.
The small difference between low and high mileage should be good come resale time if I buy the 50k KM car right.

Looking at the 50k KM (30K mi) models now.... what $ number am I looking at for the "major maintenance / repair past 100k km", based on the fact that I'll use an indy for all the work?

A cheap daily would be - of course - cheaper. But what's the point of that if you're tired after driving a few hundred miles? That's why I'm looking at Panameras, I just have to know what I am getting myself into $wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts