Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiho,

Back from Stuttgart after picking up the car and having a quick blat down to Switzerland and back through France. Did about 900 miles in 4 days! :banana:

Bit of luck that, flew out on Monday and came back via the tunnel on Saturday, so missed out on all of the ash shenanigans! :crazy:

The factory tour was most interesting. I had not realised how much of the cars are "hand built". The museum was most interesting and the handover painless.

The car is very nice to drive. Almost effortless in the way it goes. :burnout:

Still need to get used to to having to "mash" the breaks to get the car to stop!

The comfort is very good and the BOSE is rather good, and I now have cup holders!! Yah! ;)

The total boot space is flipping massive!! :eek: The back took a weeks worth of luggage for two plus camera/computer/etc gear and a (large) Cuckoo Clock! The front took the equivalent of almost 24 bottles of champagne! :cheers:

Its now back at the OPC (hopefully) begin UK Registered and having the VTS fitted.

Here is the final spc on the car:
Cayman S
Macadamia Metallic
Black leather interior
Rear wiper
Park Assist
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic cornering lights
Limited slip rear differential lock
7-speed double clutch transmission (Porsche Doppelkupplung - PDK)
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Sports exhaust system Exclusive
19 inch Sport Design wheel
Wheel centre set
Wheel spacers 5 mm Exclusive
Heated seats
Fire extinguisher
Fully automatic climate control
Floor mats
Adaptive sports seats
PDK 3-spoke sports steering wheel with shift paddles
Porsche crest embossed on head restraints Exclusive
Door entry guards in stainless steel Exclusive
Telephone module for PCM
BOSE® Surround Sound System incl. CD storage box
Universal audio interface
Porsche Communication Management (PCM 3.0) including extended navigation module
Top tinted windscreen
Carpeting deviating colour Natural Dark Grey
Porsche Vehicle Tracking

Have added a few pictures here:
Planet-9-View-Garage

Will add more as and when.

Now I need to start counting the pennies for its first track day! Switzerland is bloody expensive! :(

:thanks: for all the advise/help/pointers. I am now one rather happy bunny! :dance:

Cuch

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a great trip.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Hi Raja, Looks like a beautiful, if expensive, spec.

Glad everything went OK in Germany with the pickup and Switzerland, how did you cope with the ferry/Eurostar. with all the queues caused by the Icelandic Ash as I believe from friends that it was all a bit "hectic".

Can’t wait to see the car at Anglesey in June, by which time I’m sure you’ll have put a few more miles on her !!!!!! :):)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiho,

No problems with the crossing ... Flew out on Monday, before the cloud caused an issue and came back via the tunnel. Drove stright on, no issues. The smothest its ever been!

Cuch

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Yes, I did go a little trigger happy with the options ... Kind of wished I had the ceramics, but it had to stop somewhere! <lol>
It's not the initial 5k you have to think when you buy the car,
but the 5k per corner when you need to change the pads and rotors !!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

I know my missus would go totally mental if I was to go home with a bill for the best part of 20 grand and say I just had the pads and rotors changed !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks chaps.

Yes, it was the potential running costs of the ceramics that stayed my mouse in the end.

Still hoping to make Anglesey but may have to chance my luck with a late booking.

Things are a bit mental here and have a big family wedding in June which I will probably get roped into as a dogs body :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is one in the images section in the My Vehicles section. Can people see it?

Car is currently with the OPC getting its plates fitted. Will try and do some more this weekend.

Now where should I take the pictures? ... Hmmm ... Asda has a big car park, and then maybe a few down the local chippy? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
There is one in the images section in the My Vehicles section. Can people see it?

Car is currently with the OPC getting its plates fitted. Will try and do some more this weekend.

Now where should I take the pictures? ... Hmmm ... Asda has a big car park, and then maybe a few down the local chippy? ;)
You mean this photo ..... ???

ok I was teasing this one perhaps....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Nick ... Yep, those are the ones.

Scwabe. I had a look at a sand interior and it was way to ... ummm .... sandy for my liking.

However now that I do have the car, I think, maybe, I should have been braver.

Oh well ... Dont really matter ... Its still a hoot to drive! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.