Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's amazing what can fit inside a cayman.....:hilarious:

Actually I had borrowed the wheelbarrow from a friend, lives a few blocks away...you should have seen his face when I pulled into his driveway like that...classic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like it's time for a cheap work truck.

What a sec...it was a few blocks? Get off your butt and walk it! :taunt:
I agree. I think walking a few blocks would be the way to go. lol

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Would that be Ducky993 on this forum?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Sorry guys but I don't find this amusing! Disrespecting God's givings may get you -God forbid- deprived from it in the future.

I don't mean to preach, I just hate to see this happen to any privileged person.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys but I don't find this amusing! Disrespecting God's givings may get you -God forbid- deprived from it in the future.

I don't mean to preach, I just hate to see this happen to any privileged person.
It's just a car...a mode of transportation...yes be it , it's a nice car...but still just a car....I drive it every day, rain, sleet, snow, I go to costco, home depot, and run a slew of other errands in it...I drive it to work, a drive it for fun, I drive it...I use it...and yes I do on occasion I do abuse it...but I also take care of it...and yes I do love it..she puts a smile on my face every single time I start her up...yet still it's just a car a means to get from point a to point b...it's just a car....there are far more important things in life...friends, family, and there are by far better gifts in life...including life itself....and that's what I respect.

And yes I could have walked but a - I wanted to see my friend's face when I pulled up...it was pretty funny...and b, I had other errands to run...and believe it or not...one was to get an 80 pound bag of cement at none other than home depot...and yes we do have a family vehicle that could also handle errands such as this...but that's my wife's and she was using it at the moment...besides it's just a car.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Well, I see my comment did offend you... it was not my intention but I'm not surprised because obviously you took it personally. Kindly understand it's not about the "CAR" or Porsche... it is about any of God's givings even if it was as simple as a piece of bread for the rich or poor. And I wrote what I wrote because I care and I did state that clearly in my post above.

Now if my post still offends you feel free to delete it...

·
On Probation
582 Posts
after a quick check for "work of art,my baby ,solo ramp racer etc" all i could find on the vehicle reg. from DMV was auto....i thought it was gonna say that

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Well, I see my comment did offend you... it was not my intention but I'm not surprised because obviously you took it personally. Kindly understand it's not about the "CAR" or Porsche... it is about any of God's givings even if it was as simple as a piece of bread for the rich or poor. And I wrote what I wrote because I care and I did state that clearly in my post above.

Now if my post still offends you feel free to delete it...
Oh cmon...as saucerman said, in the end it IS just a car, regardless of brand.

Besides, if the higher-ups at Porsche really did not intend for the Cayman to carry cargo, they would have found something else to do underneath that rear hatch.

People have crammed everything from bicycles to golf bags to guns to bags of cement and rock salt in their cars. There really is no standard or authority to decide what is and what is not appropriate to carry in the cars that we all bought with our own money. If I want to spend $5k on a platinum wedding band to use as a washer for my garden hose, as long as I'm happy doing it, what's the harm? :)

Also, no need for a mod to delete your post, you are free to do it yourself if you like.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Wow, is this the new HD 5th wheel spoiler? How much power does it add?

I am not really sure what the big deal is. I guess you could have scratched some things inserting it, but I do not see this as disrespectful to the car. Contrary, it is cool to show its flexibility.

I could argue that taking the car to the track is more disrespectful or installing a turbo kit. Both MUCH more likely to be detrimental to car's long time health...

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's pretty funny. I'm sure I would've had the same face your friend did. :hilarious:

So far, I've only hauled coal and wood for the smoker and beer. I might've hauled a big bag of dog food once too. If I could get my rifles in there and I wasn't worried about messin' up the paint, I'd probably even take it to the outdoor shooting range. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree......it is a wonderful car (best ever for me) but still just a car. I regularly haul my golf clubs and Kangaroo Motorcaddie in it, using all the available holes to do so. Also, just FYI.......two cases of wine will fit in the front trunk!:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
no need for a mod to delete your post, you are free to do it yourself if you like.
I don't want to delete it and I didn't mention or refer to the moderator in my post. But out of respect to the gentleman I gave him the choice to delete it in case he still misunderstands it.

I could argue that taking the car to the track is more disrespectful or installing a turbo kit. Both MUCH more likely to be detrimental to car's long time health...
I'd totally agree... if it wasn't for Porsche's own release videos (including Porsche Travel Club and Porsche Driving Schools) that show burnouts, acceleration, drifting and tracking of their cars that were built for this reason... or if it wasn't for all the reputed companies that supercharge and turbo charge them!

Yet Tomasz I am not saying you're wrong! You have a very valid point that gets me to question myself. It makes me feel guilty as I should be spending that money to help others in need or at least on something I myself need... instead of things I just want.

Thank you for brining that up Tomasz

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't want to delete it and I didn't mention or refer to the moderator in my post. But out of respect to the gentleman I gave him the choice to delete it in case he still misunderstands it.

I'd totally agree... if it wasn't for Porsche's own release videos (including Porsche Travel Club and Porsche Driving Schools) that show burnouts, acceleration, drifting and tracking of their cars that were built for this reason... or if it wasn't for all the reputed companies that supercharge and turbo charge them!

Yet Tomasz I am not saying you're wrong! You have a very valid point that gets me to question myself. It makes me feel guilty as I should be spending that money to help others in need or at least on something I myself need... instead of things I just want.

Thank you for brining that up Tomasz
Since you feel guilty, have I told you lately how much I need a TPC turbo? Coincidently, the one I need is just like the one you're gettin'. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.