Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The very first Panamera in Hawaii, in fact, and I guess the first one on this forum. ;) I made the decision to get the Panamera a few weeks ago but couldn't take delivery of her till the launch party.. which was earlier this evening. :) Getting to take my car home after the party was a great experience - very cool party favor, hehe.

After having driven the car for several hours, the Panamera is fast becoming one of the favorite cars I have ever owned (and that list includes Mercedes S and SL classes, 911, Cayman, etc).

This will not be my "main" car, however - I will be getting a pure sports car for that. While the Panamera S handles itself well and with astonishing speed and agility, it is very much a comfortable, luxury estate - albeit a sporty one compared to other cars of its class. I use the term class lightly, however, as there really isn't anything like the Panamera on the market. I can say with great confidence that Porsche has built a phenomenal luxury sports car for 4. The interior in particular is, in my opinion, is one of the finest I have ever seen. I also adore the lines and shape of the exterior. It is very unique and has quite a presence - the front in particular. While I know some have taken issue with the rear, I think it looks great in person.

·
Aqua Blue Metallic Mafia OG
569 Posts
How about some interior pics when you get a chance? :picsplz:

I’m especially interested in the steering wheel. Does anyone know if it is 987.2 / 997.2 size or larger?

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
921 Posts
I can say with great confidence that Porsche has built a phenomenal luxury sports car for 4. The interior in particular is, in my opinion, is one of the finest I have ever seen. I also adore the lines and shape of the exterior. It is very unique and has quite a presence - the front in particular. While I know some have taken issue with the rear, I think it looks great in person.
I couldn't agree more. In person, the Panamera has an amazing presence and the interior is on par or better than any on the market.

Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Congrats and enjoy in the best of health!

I'll have to look over my photos, but I seem to remember the steering wheel being the thicker leather PDK wheel.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Congrats. We went down to our local dealer to check out the one they had, but it had been sold a few days before we got there. The new owners had ordered another one, but when this one showed up, they changed their mind and took the one that was already there.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Wow, and congrats! As you can sense, many of us out here are anxious to get some real owner feedback. So, please come back and post more impressions and pictures.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congratulations ! :banana: the car really is stunning in person, pictures don't do it justice, and hey isn't your Carrera S your pure sports car or did you trade it in ? ;)

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Very nice "star ship". The perfect cross country cruiser. Congratulations on having such a great looking car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

My apologies. I have been too busy driving the car to get anything else done, hehe. If there are any questions about the car, I would be happy to answer them.

As I touched upon, the more I drive the Panamera, the more I like it. While it will take some time to fully come to terms with her, I can say for certain that it is on my top 5 list of favorite cars. In a word: incredible.

I've taken more pictures since last night but I keep forgetting to take shots of the interior! I think I'm just mesmerized by the stunning exterior. I will take interior shots the next time I get in the car. However, I did take a shot of the engine and the steering wheel/gauges when the car first arrived last week. The steering wheel is different from the 911 though it has the same center section (though painted instead of the grey color on the Gen II 987/997's which is a vast improvement) - it feels a bit smoother and thicker. The gauges are also an improvement, as the gauge that says "Panamera S" is a full function LCD screen that shows a map, song titles and other pertinent information from the PCM.

Here she is with my Carrera S. I traded her in for this car (absoutely no regrets), and will be buying the "other sports car" separately when it arrives early next year.

And here are a few shots from today (gotta save the rest for my own website ;) ). I spent the whole day with her, half of that time in Waikiki just watching the people stare and swoon over the car and showing her to people. Everyone has been very impressed so far. :)

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
jealously rears its ugly head....beautiful car...I'm off to knock off a few liquor stores and hopefully I'll post a few pictures of my very own...or at least of my 6x6 jail cell.

Wouldn't this make a great track car, you could take you wife, strap the two kids in child seats in the back, and take corners and straights like they were meant to be. What a nice family trip plus you would never hear "Are we there yet" because you would have arrived over an hour ago.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Hi MyenShi,

So, people went to the launch party at POH! I got tied up and didn't make it; I'm glad you eliminated a temptation for me! Thanks! :p It looks great! You have to post a comparison of the Panamera versus the Cabrio later ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gtykl - we are having a meet up on 11/22 so I hope you can make it. I will have the Panamera there so you can check it out.

Again, thank you all for your kind words. :)

Schwabe - I will be sure to post pictures of me driving around Hawaii in the dead of winter. Because you know, the seasons make such a huge difference here. =P

Yes, it is a difference but I.. I think I'm enjoying this car more than the 911. And while I had originally planned to replace this car with the next generation 911 down the road, I may go for the 2 door Panamera if it is released instead.

Though I think one of the reasons why I can enjoy this car so much is that I have another car coming, haha. And it was a launch car and came with only the essential options such as bluetooth, 19" Turbo Wheels, etc, but I really wanted to have the first Panamera on the island so I didn't mind.

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
Perfect car for that drive to Maui or Kauai for the weekend. LOL.

Beautiful car. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts