Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a snip from a recent email sent out by a local dealer. Actually not a bad bunch, and decent service department. Dealer-email.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
I hope that car has the model delete option or else they would have to give a deeper discount for me to bite LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: skiahh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, I didn't catch that until it was pointed out later in the thread. Proof reading was never my strongest skill. These days everyone relies on auto-correct and spell-check to correct these things. I especially notice these types of errors in newspapers, but that's more of an economic issue in that they have cut staff so much and copy editors are generally the first positions laid off. That may also be the case in the advertising business. I guess I'll push "Post" now as the spell-check doesn't have something underlined in red. :)

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You mean car dealers are even lower down the social scale than I thought?:)
Always seemed that way. Dealers, biased journalists (oxymoron?), ambulance chasing shysters, ladies of negotiable virtue, politicians, etc. Pretty far down. I try not to plumb those depths to really have a good idea as to relative position. Or for me maybe it's those heights? Whatever, at least the ladies aren't hiding what they are.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm thinking "so what?" It's a typo, everyone is allowed to make mistakes. Also, could have been the fault of the newspaper.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know your title was really just to pint out the typo. but since you mentioned it, I had seen this in the past, listing the "Most Despised Professions in America"

1. Members of Congress
2. Used car Salesmen
3. Lawyers
4. Labor Unions Leaders
5. Political Lobbyists
6. Journalists
7. IRS Auditors
8. Insurance Salesmen
9. DMV Clerks
10. Wall Street Traders

10 Most Despised Professions in America - Listosaur | Hungry for Knowledge

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Always seemed that way. Dealers, biased journalists (oxymoron?), ambulance chasing shysters, ladies of negotiable virtue, politicians, etc. Pretty far down. I try not to plumb those depths to really have a good idea as to relative position. Or for me maybe it's those heights? Whatever, at least the ladies aren't hiding what they are.
Interesting. I was always under the impression that sales people were held in higher regard in the US than they are here in the UK.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Interesting. I was always under the impression that sales people were held in higher regard in the US than they are here in the UK.
And I would have thought it the other way around. Here it's a stereotype. The loud, obviously lying used car salesman in a garish, plaid sport coat wanting to sell you a car only driven by a little old lady on Sunday's when the wheels are obviously ready to fall off.

Some of the manufacturers seem to be trying to make the overall experience from sale to service to trade on the next one better as its good for repeat business but it doesn't seem to be taking hold. With Porsche trying to get and keep customers for lifetime I'd have expected a more consistent experience around the country. Some have been absolutely dismal. Guess that's why they're called stealers.

Every bodies got to make a living. I do know a salesman or two who don't come off as sleazy but it's rare. Not sure why.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
And I would have thought it the other way around. Here it's a stereotype. The loud, obviously lying used car salesman in a garish, plaid sport coat wanting to sell you a car only driven by a little old lady on Sunday's when the wheels are obviously ready to fall off.

Some of the manufacturers seem to be trying to make the overall experience from sale to service to trade on the next one better as its good for repeat business but it doesn't seem to be taking hold. With Porsche trying to get and keep customers for lifetime I'd have expected a more consistent experience around the country. Some have been absolutely dismal. Guess that's why they're called stealers.

Every bodies got to make a living. I do know a salesman or two who don't come off as sleazy but it's rare. Not sure why.
Much the same as here then, except the plaid jacket is substituted for a sheepskin coat, and the car attempting to be sold was owned by the local vicar and only used on Sundays.

CRM is also being paid lip service here by the dealers, but the old sales philosophy of making a sale and moving onto the next is too deeply imbeded for any real shift in culture.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Look up to dealers? I assume you mean why do we look down so much on car sales people? Because buying a car can become such an adversarial and unpleasant experience. As so many have reported. It is more unfortunate especially when you think you are buying a special car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts