Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may have a similar prolem with my '05 Boxster S top. There are three 'scrape' marks located above the window where the top starts to slope downward. One on each side and one in the middle. The dealer told me it's normal wear, and suggested placing a towel in there while opening the top.

If there is a way to treat those marks though, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If everytime you need to move the top you have to get out and place a towel, why have an electrical roof in the first place?? Why not just get a Spyder?!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It is, when I had my rod bearings changed @ the dealer I asked what could I do to prevent this from re-occurring. They said I should not stop the roof mid way, nor should I use it while driving on uneven roads. Having said that, one must remember that the engine is only accessible with the roof midway, so I think it's not to be done unless really necessary!

OTOH, I've been having this theory for a couple of days, maybe when the top is dusty (like mine is often) dust particles rub against the fabric when moving it (up or down) which cuts it. I'll be investigating this further and seeing if there are fabric protection products available, even if they are designed for home usage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.