Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Savings ON All Softronic Porsche Software !

Softronic has some great Specials for you by popular demand since we have supported this club since the beginning, and the membership has supported us too. For a limited time Planet-9 members can save 20% and more on Softronic Software packages. 911, Boxsters, Caymans, Cayennes, Turbos, we've got something for almost every Porsche owner worldwide. This will be for 2000 and newer port flash-able cars.

Softronic has tuned many cars on this site all the way from China to Kuwait, Russia and over to Hawaii . We also have the pride to state that we tune for many race teams and had tuned all of the Interseries race cars (NPR). This even included the winning car at the 24hrs of Daytona and many in the World Challenge. Top point cars in the PCA and the top for to many years to count. We also have the fastest Porsche cars at places like the Moscow 500 , Texas Mile and so on. We also produce software for many other companies that are known for being the fastest production Porsche cars.

Softronic is the exclusive tuner for Porsche Auto Club (POC) and a National Sponsor to the PCA Club Racing. We are also the company that has checked the binary in the race cars for many years to make sure that it is original and hasnt been altered unless otherwise aloud.

Modern day Porsche engines are highly sophisticated. They're controlled by an equally sophisticated computer that Porsche calls a DME (Digital Motor Electronics). The DME controls our engine's ignition timing, fuel mixture, cam timing, cam overlap, intake manifold tuning, exhaust tuning, throttle response and much more. The DME contains millions of bytes of code and many 3 dimensional timing and mixture control maps. Softronic has been tuning and enhancing this code for years. Our DME flashes are improved versions of the original Porsche code designed to improve throttle response, fuel mileage and overall performance throughout the operating range and under all driving conditions. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the way your car runs and our packages represent years of development and expertise.

SOFTRONIC PLANET – 9 SOFTWARE SALE
EFFECTIVE November 15 - November 30, 2018

Who can take advantage of this special?
This special is open to all Planet 9 members worldwide.

How do I sign up?
Orders must be placed directly on the web site at Performance Software Tuning - Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and coupon code "GOBBLE" used. Softronic is located in CT. USA. Should any customers require special assistance do to language or any other issue please send us an email at our "Contact Us" on the web site and we will help in anyway required or call us at 203-723-8928 M-F, 9-5 EST.

Exclusions, limitations and requirements :
This offer ends November 30, 2018 and all sales are final. This offer does not apply to any conversion , specialty, custom files or from our dealers and is only by this online offer. Softronic is not responsible for errors in this post and this offer may be withdrawn at anytime.

You can find answers to most of your questions listed in our sale that was posted last year. Softronic does not often run specials and the last one was a year ago and prior was a couple years.

We have added a few new features that many have been asking for "Pops and Bangs" for street and race cars.This is available on all 987.2,997.2,981 and 991 cars.
Also for race cars any deletes required in their setup so no CEL's will light up unless a problem exists and proper engine conversions in the 981 and 991 series..

This is a link showing it on a newly flashed race car, keep in mind it has headers and no muffler so its louder than it would be on a street car. https://youtu.be/_ylNZnvWimw

Softronic flashes are NOT generic and are made on a binary level in which offers more changes and modifications than other tuners. Softronic is not locked into pre set changes that are only narrowly visilized in their software, basically other tuners software may allow timing alterations yet nothing on specific CEL alterations for racing , sport,PSM and engine loads and so on.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything in the works for the 718 platform?
Yes and no... . We can flash the 991.2 or the 981.2 aka 718 and have been able to for some time however it requires the DME to be removed and put in boot mode. This process alone is detectable by Porsche and voids your warranty as the unit has to be physically disassembled. The units are glued and crimped so there is always signs when they are opened after their initial assembly. This can be very costly and would be detectable for any drive-train claim as the DME or aka ECU is required to be checked for such claims. This is not a decision a local dealer can make as PCNA would ask for it or the regional rep would inspect it. You may be lucky and get by this yet the odds are not in your favor. I would for these reasons suggest that the cars not be flashed until they can be put in bootmode without removing the DME. I would only recommend this for a car that is for racing only and no expectations of a Porsche warranty is to be used at this time.

Softtronic is working on a solution that does not require the DME's removal or tampering with .

Should anyone want a flash for the 991.2 or 981.2 we would require the customer to sign an acknowledgement of this and a waiver.

Best,
Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw on your website that a normal 981 boxster S with 315hp 268lb/tq would climb up to 360/298. Are those real numbers from a factory setup or were they acheived by some light mods like intake/exhaust ?

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw on your website that a normal 981 boxster S with 315hp 268lb/tq would climb up to 360/298. Are those real numbers from a factory setup or were they acheived by some light mods like intake/exhaust ?
No we do not post with other mods yet just as Porsche does in BHP. We have been at those numbers with the 3.4 DFI since 2009MY 987.2. Porsche has with the 3.4 DFI gone from 310 with the BoxsterS, 320 CaymanS, 330 CaymanR , 315 981 BoxsterS, 325 981 Caymans, 340 981 GTS and 350 with the 991. As a rule if we do not sell or list a specific family of a mod we do not recommend them.

Best,
Scott

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright ! Thanks a lot ! Do we keep the econo mode (when not in sport or sport +) too ?
Yes all factory options and modes will still work

Best,
Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im really tempted to get the tune for my stock 981 boxster, it doesn't have the sport chrono package or PSE (sad times).
Do you ship to the uk? Will I notice the difference on my base model? will it change the sound out of the std exhaust?
Also, is there a video or somewhere to see the installation process as it looks like the instructions on your site are outdated.
Really hope I can take advantage of this offer as it just about puts it within my budget.
Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes and no... . We can flash the 991.2 or the 981.2 aka 718...

Should anyone want a flash for the 991.2 or 981.2 we would require....

Best,
Scott
FYI - no such thing as a 981.2
Either it’s a 981 or a 982.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
FYI - no such thing as a 981.2
Either it’s a 981 or a 982.
Well yes technically you are correct as there is a 991.1 or 991.2 and the 981 second generation or nex gen goes by the 982 or 718 . Regardless the flashing is still the same along with the warranty and DME information for either as was stated above.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Im really tempted to get the tune for my stock 981 boxster, it doesn't have the sport chrono package or PSE (sad times).
Do you ship to the uk? Will I notice the difference on my base model? will it change the sound out of the std exhaust?
Also, is there a video or somewhere to see the installation process as it looks like the instructions on your site are outdated.
Really hope I can take advantage of this offer as it just about puts it within my budget.
Thanks
Hello,
Yes we ship to the UK and worldwide and have for many years. The shipping price is generally $50 USA so this can often save you money since its not at the full val. . All have told us they notice a difference in both and if you want the pops and bangs as they say in which is normal on certain Porsche cars we can add that also. We do not list any install instructions for any of the new cables as they do not require an internet, certain processors other requirements as prior and work on all modern PC's.. The instructions will be sent when you place your order and in anycase do not require more than a PC or MAC running as a PC and basic knowledge of sending and receiving an email along with installing a program.

Best,
Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scott-

Can you talk more about the pops and bangs? Is this a user selectable feature or does it now come on all of the upgrades from you? Trying to get a sense of how loud it will be. I dont want my neighbors to hate me. I have a 2014 Boxster Base.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the update Scott.
I’m also wondering about the pops and bangs - it would be nice if they are sport only.
I hope to have sorted the cash out (and got permission) to place an order before the 30th.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Pops and bangs is the noise the car make from the exhaust when letting off of the gas for decel. This is from the original post up top that has it in it.

"This is a link showing it on a newly flashed race car, keep in mind it has headers and no muffler so its louder than it would be on a street car. https://youtu.be/_ylNZnvWimw "

Best,
Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scott-

Is this an option you choose or are all the flashes you do now include the pops? Like i said, dont want the neighbors to hate me. The you tube video doesn't help much as it is not a stock exhaust. Does the Sport mode make a difference on the sound?

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scott-

Is this an option you choose or are all the flashes you do now include the pops? Like i said, dont want the neighbors to hate me. The you tube video doesn't help much as it is not a stock exhaust. Does the Sport mode make a difference on the sound?

Thanks
Hello,

Yes it is an option so you can get it with or without the pops and bangs yet it is the same as the stock cars that have it. Sport mode would not affect it unless you had the valved exhaust on the car so if the exhaust was louder then the pops and bangs would be relative to it.

Best,
Scott

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello All.

Just as a quick reminder there is only a few days left of the special as it ends November 30th. We have had a very good amount of people that have purchased software for their 981's and 991's and a few others mixed in like the .2 cars and GT3 RS so dont let this slip by.

Best,
Scott

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.