Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pulled the trigger for the Softronic DFI 3.4L tune. This is my first NA tune so I'm not expecting much compared to my previously highly boosted turbo car.

From what I have worked out I'll be getting approx 335HP & 384TQ. This doesn't seem much also I won't be adding any other mods such as exhausts etc.

Because I didn't order Sport Chrono I'll be asking for "Sport Mode" to be switched on, I take it its the exact throttle map as Porsche?.
With this minimal package what should I expect as far as driving dynamics goes?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Today I pulled the trigger for the Softronic DFI 3.4L tune. This is my first NA tune so I'm not expecting much compared to my previously highly boosted turbo car.

From what I have worked out I'll be getting approx 335HP & 384TQ. This doesn't seem much also I won't be adding any other mods such as exhausts etc.

Because I didn't order Sport Chrono I'll be asking for "Sport Mode" to be switched on, I take it its the exact throttle map as Porsche?.
With this minimal package what should I expect as far as driving dynamics goes?
That must be mistyped. 384tq! Did you forget to mention the 3.8L conversion?? :)

PS: Please post up your impressions / dyno after you get it.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is 384Nm torque up from 370Nm

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
"Apparently" if you order SC on with the new map it is supposed to be the same as the factory button function. However Im not sure it is EXACTLY the same or not? Either way its best to order the sport mode function activated.

Have you driven a car with the SC option? Its really noticeable. Feels more punchy/responsive/sensitive and like you have 50HP more, although you dont.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't driven a car with SC I didn't order SC because I didn't like the ugly dial on the dash. Having Softronics as a solution by switching on "Sport Mode" sounded good. I just hope its easy getting around car parks with Sport Mode constantly on.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I haven't driven a car with SC I didn't order SC because I didn't like the ugly dial on the dash. Having Softronics as a solution by switching on "Sport Mode" sounded good. I just hope its easy getting around car parks with Sport Mode constantly on.
At low speeds and/or in rush-hour traffic, SC is a bit of an inconvenience, but that is minor compared to the additional fun you get the rest of the time.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
The only disadvantage I found is its far easier to go over the speed limit unbeknown, with the SC. Just 2 seconds too long on the pedal...and your way over the limit. :(

However, Its good to give the passenger a punchy ride. :hilarious:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts