16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

76,361 miles
clean title in hand
clean Carfax a
$25k o.b.o.
Car is in Pawtucket, RI.
Beautiful Platinum Silver (the BEST silver) over black leather. Notable options: 220 limited slip (super-rare!), AP/P77 sport seats (a must!), 640 sport chrono package plus, 409 18" Cayman S II wheels, P4U infotainment.

The car is in great condition inside and out, sweet to drive!

I had the transmission replaced last spring at just under 69k miles due to extremely poor shifting and occasional popping out of 2nd gear. All NEW from Porsche: 6speed transmission with lsd, flywheel, clutch, cables and brackets for updated routing, and GT-3 shift console with metal bushings. I also got new stiffened transmission mounts and engine mount stiffeners from Function First installed. Original transmission mounts are fine and come with the car. I never liked the stock shift knob so I got a nice black perf leather/aluminum knob from Black Forest Industries. The original factory knob is in great shape and comes with the car.

The car shifts like a DREAM, I never knew a 987 could have such great shift action.

The car is stock, except for:
Borla cat-back exhaust installed by P.O. It's not too loud at all, sounds great, looks great.
Factory Porsche GT-3 front control arms with rubber bushings (original arms also come with the car)
Porsche factory springs from a PASM car were installed to slightly lower (~10mm) and stiffen (~25%) the car. Spring rates are perfectly well-suited to the stock dampers. (Original springs come with the car too)
Aforementioned Porsche GT-3 shift console, Function First trans mounts, engine mount stiffeners, BFI shift knob (stock parts included with the car)

Questions? PM me or email to danbaldwin at hotmail dot com
FR2 2mp.jpg
FR2 2mp.jpg
FR2 2mp.jpg

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,783 Posts
Nicely equipped, good looking car! GLWS.

PS. To help settle a point of some confusion regarding the 2.9L engine, is yours port injected or DFI? IIRC a port injected engine would be equipped with a Bosch ECU, and a DFI engine would be equipped with a Siemens ECU. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not an expert here, but...
The 987.2 2.9 9A1 engine is the improved/fixed engine design with NO IMS and with improved oiling. It does not have DFI. As for who makes the ECU, I do not know.

Nicely equipped, good looking car! GLWS.

PS. To help settle a point of some confusion regarding the 2.9L engine, is yours port injected or DFI? IIRC a port injected engine would be equipped with a Bosch ECU, and a DFI engine would be equipped with a Siemens ECU. Thanks in advance.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,783 Posts
That's what I thought, but recently I've read conflicting information stating that only MY2009 2.9s were port injected, and MY2010-up 2.9s were DFI. So I was wondering if you could provide a data point to help confirm or refute this.

Sorry to take your thread off topic. I hope our discussion indirectly helps to direct viewers to your ad!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's what I thought, but recently I've read conflicting information stating that only MY2009 2.9s were port injected, and MY2010-up 2.9s were DFI. So I was wondering if you could provide a data point to help confirm or refute this.
As far as I know, no 987.2 2.9 liter is DFI, never heard that one before...

To be clear, the 987.2 2.9 liter 9A1 engine is the updated and improved design with oiling issues addressed and no IMS issues because no more IMS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carfax available, PM me or email me at danbaldwin at hotmail dot com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts