Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top Speed Pro 1 Exhaust System for 981 Cayman / Boxster, 99%new

This is THE best budget exhaust for Porsche 981 Cayman / Boxster, originally bought from flat6motorsport with the following link

It sounds awesome with lots of bangs and pops, kind of like F-Type, please search on youtube or reviews to see what other people say about it.

I had it installed on 10/7/2021 at Heyer Performance, Mountain View CA, test drove a bit and loved it, however my wife was not a huge fan for the loudness it brings comparing to the original one, had to go back to the shop and have it removed the next morning to put the stock one back on.

Almost brand new with all the original packaging
Purple Ingredient Cuisine Magenta Electric blue
.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Cuisine Ingredient Dish Meat Plastic wrap
Packing materials Shipping box Package delivery Wood Yellow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this just the exhaust tips, or the full system shown on the Flat6 website? Do you have any estimate of how much weight this saves over OEM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
662 Posts
If keeping the relationship solid while retaining possession of a great play-toy is accomplished by a simple exhaust swap, I can see your logic 100%. I also think you just might agree with her assessment to a degree. That's why I like PSE, it's like through hull exhaust on a speedboat, always good to have the "silent choice" option for night returns to dock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If keeping the relationship solid while retaining possession of a great play-toy is accomplished by a simple exhaust swap, I can see your logic 100%. I also think you just might agree with her assessment to a degree. That's why I like PSE, it's like through hull exhaust on a speedboat, always good to have the "silent choice" option for night returns to dock.
You got me, one thing is that I need to daily my son to preschool with it, making the argument of keeping it even weaker. PSE is probably the best option between sound and usability.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Happy wife, happy life. (I’d considered it but probably a bit too raspy for my wife too ).

Shawn in VA (USA)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree that your wife's opinion matter quite a lot. I've discussed getting the PSE for my 2014 Cayman S and she hates the idea despite knowing that there is a console button to turn it off. She loves the car, loves riding in it so I would be unlikely to turn the PSE on while she and I are driving. I actually haven't heard the PSE in my model car so really have no idea how cool it is. I've seen YouTube videos but can't imagine these do any exhaust justice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree that your wife's opinion matter quite a lot. I've discussed getting the PSE for my 2014 Cayman S and she hates the idea despite knowing that there is a console button to turn it off. She loves the car, loves riding in it so I would be unlikely to turn the PSE on while she and I are driving. I actually haven't heard the PSE in my model car so really have no idea how cool it is. I've seen YouTube videos but can't imagine these do any exhaust justice.
I was amazed when I switched the PSE on and my wife said that it suited the sporty nature of the car. Granted that was in a Boxster with the roof down, rather than in a Cayman cabin, but it sounds fabulous and it's not overwhelmingly loud. Being able to switch it off is a real plus. I get the feeling that a lot of thought goes into PSE development. Here's an interesting article:
Where the Music Comes From - Porsche USA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Top Speed Pro 1 Exhaust System for 981 Cayman / Boxster, 99%new

This is THE best budget exhaust for Porsche 981 Cayman / Boxster, originally bought from flat6motorsport with the following link

It sounds awesome with lots of bangs and pops, kind of like F-Type, please search on youtube or reviews to see what other people say about it.

I had it installed on 10/7/2021 at Heyer Performance, Mountain View CA, test drove a bit and loved it, however my wife was not a huge fan for the loudness it brings comparing to the original one, had to go back to the shop and have it removed the next morning to put the stock one back on.

Almost brand new with all the original packaging View attachment 276606 .[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE] View attachment 276607 View attachment 276608
Hey there, I’ve been waiting for this exact exhaust but it’s been on back order since I ordered it over three months ago and just got an update from Billy at Flat Six last week that it won’t be available until after the first of the year! I’m going to send him an email today and cancel the order so hopefully this works out for both of us. I’ve been contemplating getting the Soul exhaust for weeks but I’d rather have the titanium one. Haven’t done a transaction here before but I’d definitely like to buy it from you. Email is [email protected] My daughter works at a UPS store near my home in Seneca SC so if UPS works for you that’s probably the best option for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts