Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FB Cayman 2.png FB Cayman 1.png I'd like some opinions on a paint issue. I had some (racetrack) rock damage to the front end of my 981 CS. Some respray and a new bottom trim piece. When I saw it, I mentioned it should be body color silver - and they said no prob, just bring it back in and we'll spray. Since then, I've had several people say they really like the contrast, and it matches up with the black bottom piece in the back. And it's starting to grow on me a bit...looks kinda different and....cool.

Any opinions - should I paint or leave it black (a bit hard to see in the photo... it's gloss black, and I bumped the brightness to make it more visible.)?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I like it in black. It's very GTS. :D

Reactions: Johneecatt

·
Registered
798 Posts
View attachment 54799 View attachment 54800 I'd like some opinions on a paint issue. I had some (racetrack) rock damage to the front end of my 981 CS. Some respray and a new bottom trim piece. When I saw it, I mentioned it should be body color silver - and they said no prob, just bring it back in and we'll spray. Since then, I've had several people say they really like the contrast, and it matches up with the black bottom piece in the back. And it's starting to grow on me a bit...looks kinda different and....cool.

Any opinions - should I paint or leave it black (a bit hard to see in the photo... it's gloss black, and I bumped the brightness to make it more visible.)?
Actually looks really great and changes the look in a good way...makes it look like a 360 Modena a bit...

360.JPG

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think it looks good, if it doesnt bother you, then don't worry about it :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I like it. I had my windshield surround wrapped in black satin and decided I like it. Seeing your photos I'm contemplating maybe some on the lip.

Reactions: Johneecatt

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'd like to see that Johnny quest as I also have a white BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
"Paint it silver".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts