Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
geez...i think that can be flipped for more :) like the 918 for 1.4 mil..lol!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I couldnt even imagine this. What a wonderful world.

If so , he doesnt deserve the privilege. They Capitalize on eveything in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought there will be a way to transfer the allocation slot to somebody's else name, but no, the potential buyers will pay this guy for the whole thing and when the car gets delivered this guy will transfer it to the buyers name, mmmm, NO thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You haven't captured the full essence of the ad. He wants $25,000 + 20% of the out the door price (MSRP+tax+fees) to build a car titled to HIM and not you. What could go wrong?

You'd have less regret renting a craigslist girlfriend who "definitely doesn't have the clap".

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if he were a member of some Porsche forum, and railed against Porsche dealers for having the audacity to charge over MSRP.
Dammit. You beat me to it, but I was coming from the other side. I figure that guy should be all over this, as he was totally advocating for allocations to just go to the highest bidder. Now he has that opportunity! :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I couldnt even imagine this. What a wonderful world.

If so , he doesnt deserve the privilege. They Capitalize on eveything in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a capitalist country. :) People can do what they want if they are stupid enough to buy the allocation, it really is his problem.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
We are a capitalist country. :) People can do what they want if they are stupid enough to buy the allocation, it really is his problem.

This. ^^

I don't have a problem with it. It's a free market economy and when demand significantly exceeds supply, this kind of stuff will happen. It's a choice if someone buys this one.....a bad choice IMHO. :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I do not have an issue with it as long as no laws are broken, however I do not think he will get the $25k he thinks he will with the terms he is offering.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
You haven't captured the full essence of the ad. He wants $25,000 + 20% of the out the door price (MSRP+tax+fees) to build a car titled to HIM and not you. What could go wrong?

You'd have less regret renting a craigslist girlfriend who "definitely doesn't have the clap".
YES indeed,

A fool and his money will soon to be separated. This idea (scam??) is :crazy::crazy::crazy:

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts