Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TonightI got in the car after vacuuming it out and I was going to adjust the seat I noticed that the power button didn't work. I thought it was strange so I put the key in the ignition and the key and the key wouldn't turn. It was like ignition switch was locked. I played with the key Pressing the lock and unlock button. After a few moments put it back in the ignition switch and it worked. The power was restored to the seats, this is a real Mistry? .My only thought is I had the key in my pocket while I was vacuuming out the car perhaps the lock button got pressed with the door open. I tried that later to see if I could duplicate the problem but I couldn't. I looked in the manual to see ito see if there was anything about it I couldn't find anything. Anybody have any ideas. My gut is there were some sequence that happened causing the car to cut power and lock the switch. Seems to be okay now but I would like to figure out what I did. I don't have a clue. Any help will be appreciated. Could it be possible because I had the door open for about 10 minutes with the ignition off of the car locked up and cut power? Carl

·
Registered
499 Posts
my thought is maybe after having the doors open for a while the car shut off the power to keep the battery alive. but...i dont know really

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I figured out part of the problem. If you leave the door open for too long it shuts off all the power. Why the ingnition switch wouldn't turn is still a mystery. My only thought is the key didn't communicate with the switch. I assume the coding in the key unlocks the ignition switch. At this point it's just a theory. Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts