Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the sound of your factory rear exhaust on your Boxster / Cayman but want to change the style of your exhaust tips? Soul Performance Products has an easy to install solution to increase aesthetics and tone with a bolt-in X-pipe for the best possible flow with tips of your choosing. The cast X-pipe smooths exhaust pulses and lends to a more refined exhaust note.

+ Fits all 718 Porsche Boxster / Cayman vehicles with factory exhaust
+ Direct bolt on installation
+ Cast T304L stainless steel X-pipe
+ Variety of 3.5″ tip options

The factory Boxster / Cayman “T” tip section allows for exhaust gasses to crash into each other when coming out of the muffler before exiting the tips. This cost cutting method creates turbulence and hurts performance. By incorporating a smooth, cast X-pipe into the rear section this allows for a more efficient flow path from the exhaust gases. A small increase in gas mileage during cruising and more power when accelerating aggressively should be expected.

CONSTRUCTION: A cast T304L stainless steel x-pipe is used for a smooth inner wall and clean “X” section for maximum flow. Choose from a number of single wall stainless tips (slash cut or straight cut) or chrome double wall tips in a number of finishes to personalize your Porsche. Every order is rigorously quality-checked prior to shipping.

LIFETIME WARRANTY: Enjoy your Soul exhaust components with confidence on both the street and track as they are covered by our Lifetime Warranty! Our team will quickly work with you to resolve any questions or issues that you may have.

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT PRODUCT PAGE

Contact us any time with questions, customization requests, to order, or find your nearest SOUL dealer / installer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 855-486-1400
IG: @soulperformanceproducts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do these make the car quieter or provide fewer burbles? What do you mean by more refined?

I’m assuming these can’t really add any power despite implying as much.

549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do these make the car quieter or provide fewer burbles? What do you mean by more refined?

I’m assuming these can’t really add any power despite implying as much.
Dual wall tips will be slightly quieter than the single wall tips as there is more mass to insulate the exhaust note. You could describe the exhaust note as slightly smoother on acceleration. Burble will still be present. Here is a video we took after an installation:

I've seen x-style tips add 1-5 whp on dynos from different manufacturers. I do not have dyno charts to back up my claim, so I sparsely mention it. You would be hard pressed to notice it, but it is quantitative.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ordered the polished chrome tip yesterday and expect delivery on Monday, Oct 8th. Will schedule an appointment with my installer tomorrow and hopefully get it done by the end of the week. I'll post pictures when the installation is completed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Polished chrome tip arrived today in excellent condition. Very impress with the packaging. No way the tip could be damaged during shipment. Can't wait until Thursday when it gets installed. More to come.

549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polished chrome tip arrived today in excellent condition. Very impress with the packaging. No way the tip could be damaged during shipment. Can't wait until Thursday when it gets installed. More to come.

Cheers! :cheers:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Polished chrome dual tip installed today and it looks awesome. It took just one hour to install at a total cost of $108.75 The quality of this product is outspending and the folks at Soul Performance were a pleasure to work with. Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cremaley, looks really slick! That's a 718 Cayman base, right? So you had the single oval tailpipe before?

Yes its a 718 base Cayman that had the single oval tip which I really did not like.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Any noticeable changes in sound? Looks great.

I haven't noticed any discernible change in the sound. Maybe a little deeper note.

549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We now offer a short version of our double wall chrome tips for those who want a less aggressive, OEM like appearance. They're 1" shorter and you have around a 1/2" of depth adjustment on both long and short tips.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts