Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CS manual
47 Posts
Just installed my chrome ones this weekend on my 987.1, I did the one muffler remove method took me less than an hour, is easier with the wheels off and some PB blaster, I flip the clamps so is oriented like OEM nut facing down. I like the look of dual tip much better than the OEM snout look. As for for the sound, there is definitely a difference more noticeable when cold and deeper into the throttle. At cruising or freeway there is no difference, even with windows down. So far I enjoy this mod. Good quality stuff too.

617 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just installed my chrome ones this weekend on my 987.1, I did the one muffler remove method took me less than an hour, is easier with the wheels off and some PB blaster, I flip the clamps so is oriented like OEM nut facing down. I like the look of dual tip much better than the OEM snout look. As for for the sound, there is definitely a difference more noticeable when cold and deeper into the throttle. At cruising or freeway there is no difference, even with windows down. So far I enjoy this mod. Good quality stuff too.
Awesome, thank you for choosing us! We'd love to see a picture!

-Mike

617 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Slash cut satin black tips packed up and ready to ship to knandez17! We coat the satin black tips with a clear ceramic coating that is designed for high heat abuse to add an extra level of protection. Each X-pipe and tip set is then foam packed up!

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
About a year ago I installed the Soul X Pipe on my Cayman GTS. I know it’s taken me a year to post, but better late than never, right! :) I used the installation steps that wulfgang listed in post #36 in this thread and it took me about 2 hours to install. This included a trip to Harbor Freight because i didn’t have Torx sockets.

Very, very happy! As has been stated the sound is smoother and perhaps a bit louder. I went with the single wall straight/square cut tips in satin black and think they have a “purposeful” look. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on the sound, especially at full song at DE’s.

·
Registered
324 Posts
About a year ago I installed the Soul X Pipe on my Cayman GTS. I know it’s taken me a year to post, but better late than never, right! :) I used the installation steps that wulfgang listed in post #36 in this thread and it took me about 2 hours to install. This included a trip to Harbor Freight because i didn’t have Torx sockets.

Very, very happy! As has been stated the sound is smoother and perhaps a bit louder. I went with the single wall straight/square cut tips in satin black and think they have a “purposeful” look. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on the sound, especially at full song at DE’s.
Does the X-pipe affect the pops and crackles in any way?

617 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Titanium tips are available for 987.2 and 981! These weigh approximately one pound less than our standard 321 stainless tips. Titanium is a harder material than stainless and is more durable and resistant to scratching and if you fancy - can be heated with a torch to add coloring such as gold, purple, and blue.

-Mike

617 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thank you everyone for your support in 2020! We wish you the best in 2021. Thanks to you we are able to expand our facility resulting in more room for our fabrication team to grow and prosper. We look forward to adding more skilled people to our family as we decrease lead times and increase the quality and quantity of our offerings.

-Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts

The best way of getting discounts is ALWAYS asking publicly on a forum.

Said no vendor

Ever.

Email or call em maybe.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts