Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the sound of your factory rear exhaust on your Boxster / Cayman but want to change the style of your exhaust tips? Soul Performance Products has an easy to install solution to increase aesthetics and tone with a bolt-in X-pipe for the best possible flow with tips of your choosing. The cast X-pipe smooths exhaust pulses and lends to a more refined exhaust note.

+ Fits all 987 / 981 / 718 Porsche Boxster / Cayman vehicles with factory exhaust or Porsche Sport Exhaust / PSE (2005+)
+ Direct bolt on installation
+ Cast T304L stainless steel X-pipe
+ Variety of 3.5″ tip options

The factory Boxster / Cayman “T” tip section allows for exhaust gasses to crash into each other when coming out of the muffler before exiting the tips. This cost cutting method creates turbulence and hurts performance. By incorporating a smooth, cast X-pipe into the rear section this allows for a more efficient flow path from the exhaust gases. A small increase in gas mileage during cruising and more power when accelerating aggressively should be expected.

CONSTRUCTION: A cast T304L stainless steel x-pipe is used for a smooth inner wall and clean “X” section for maximum flow. Choose from a number of single wall stainless tips (slash cut or straight cut) or chrome double wall tips in a number of finishes to personalize your Porsche. Every order is rigorously quality-checked prior to shipping.

LIFETIME WARRANTY: Enjoy your Soul exhaust components with confidence on both the street and track as they are covered by our Lifetime Warranty! Our team will quickly work with you to resolve any questions or issues that you may have.

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT PRODUCT PAGE

Contact us any time with questions, customization requests, to order, or find your nearest SOUL dealer / installer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 855-486-1400
IG: @soulperformanceproducts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I will be the first one to admit that the tips look top-notch quality wise based on the pictures; the price however is ridiculously high....

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Guys, I am thrilled. For my Cayman R, this is the last bit I've been looking for and the price point is seriously sweet. Love, love, LOVE those Satin Finish, slant cut, single wall tips.

Did I really say "last bit".....?

485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be the first one to admit that the tips look top-notch quality wise based on the pictures; the price however is ridiculously high....
Thank you! Quality comes at a price (even though we are priced below our competition). The cast X-section is costly. We include Mikalor clamps for their high strength and durability on the single wall variants. The black tips are PVD coated for durability and heat resistance but it's a very costly process to us. Every order is expanding foam packed and backed with high insurance - we also back our parts with a Lifetime Warranty. Hopefully you find that we're trying to offer the most fair price while keeping the lights on! Our dealers are often willing to offer a better price and we do provide a forum discount as well!

Guys, I am thrilled. For my Cayman R, this is the last bit I've been looking for and the price point is seriously sweet. Love, love, LOVE those Satin Finish, slant cut, single wall tips.

Did I really say "last bit".....?
Thank you so much! We're standing by to take care of you when you are ready!

-Mike S

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did the 987 Soul cat-back last season and it has held up perfectly, excellent customer service and completes the 'look' I was going for nicely.
I chose the satin X pipe tips on the set and screams quality, impressive when an American company can still produce world-class products.
Cost? well I never looked back once it was delivered and installed, it was the right choice and, as said, is in alignment with other exhaust vendor pricing. This is one of the 'you get what you pay for' examples that still exist. Go for it!

·
Registered
323 Posts
....Quality comes at a price (even though we are priced below our competition). The cast X-section is costly. We include Mikalor clamps for their high strength and durability on the single wall variants. The black tips are PVD coated for durability and heat resistance but it's a very costly process to us. Every order is expanding foam packed and backed with high insurance - we also back our parts with a Lifetime Warranty.
In my experience, the above is both factual and applicable to these tips. I've had a competitors polished black X-pipe on my Cayman for the last two years. It looks great, cleans up easily, and the sound is definitely better than stock. It cost about 15% more that the price Mike is quoting.

Hope I can buy one of these in about six months for my new 718. :drivingskid:

485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the 987 Soul cat-back last season and it has held up perfectly, excellent customer service and completes the 'look' I was going for nicely.
I chose the satin X pipe tips on the set and screams quality, impressive when an American company can still produce world-class products.
Cost? well I never looked back once it was delivered and installed, it was the right choice and, as said, is in alignment with other exhaust vendor pricing. This is one of the 'you get what you pay for' examples that still exist. Go for it!
Thank you so much - glad you are enjoying your exhaust!

In my experience, the above is both factual and applicable to these tips. I've had a competitors polished black X-pipe on my Cayman for the last two years. It looks great, cleans up easily, and the sound is definitely better than stock. It cost about 15% more that the price Mike is quoting.

Hope I can buy one of these in about six months for my new 718. :drivingskid:

I hope we can take care of you when the time comes! :)

-Mike S

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Slant cut, Signature finish silver tips ordered! Shame I'll have to crawl under the car to appreciate how well they match my Long Tube Street Headers....

Pics will be posted.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
These have me thinking that I may consider deleting the twin tips in bright silver option on my 2019 configuration and order these. It actually amounts to about a $250 savings over ticking the box on the configurator.

485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put in my order on the website over the weekend. I'll post up pics once I get it and have it installed.
Slant cut, Signature finish silver tips ordered! Shame I'll have to crawl under the car to appreciate how well they match my Long Tube Street Headers....

Pics will be posted.
Thank you so much for choosing us! Can't wait to see the pics!

These have me thinking that I may consider deleting the twin tips in bright silver option on my 2019 configuration and order these. It actually amounts to about a $250 savings over ticking the box on the configurator.
We're here to add value! :)

Any group buy?
Sorry we can't do a group buy, we've priced these aggressively up front - we don't want our customers to have to wait around for sales or group buys to get a good deal.

I've attached some pics of our black chrome tips installed!

Attachments

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
Love this.....and am going to assume you have a licensing agreement with PAG in place....

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,764 Posts
Just installed this product in my '08 Boxster S Limited Edition.
Here are the before and after pictures:

Now I guess you could say my car's got Soul!
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts