Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,837 Posts
Update:
I can distinctly hear a difference in sound, especial with PSE in sport mode. It's difficult to describe, except to say that it sounds "sportier", which is an unexpected but welcome benefit to my ears.
It's a well made product, shipped quickly and securely packaged, and I think it adds a subtle aesthetic and audible upgrade to my Boxster S Limited Edition.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just installed this product in my '08 Boxster S Limited Edition.
Here are the before and after pictures:

Now I guess you could say my car's got Soul!
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thank you again, and thank you everyone for your interest and orders!

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here are photos of our slash cut single wall tips installed on a 987.1. We were asked for a less aggressive option so we are offering a version that is 1" shorter - the logo will barely stick out.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I will be the first one to admit that the tips look top-notch quality wise based on the pictures; the price however is ridiculously high....
Have you looked at the OE Porsche tips? Chrome twin pipe tip, $599 ~ Satin "S" twin pipe tip, $545 ~ GTS black twin pipe tip, $589. And that's Suncoast who generally have a decent discount. If I recall, list on the Porsche catalog is like $650 for the "S" tip. So really for what appears to be and like you said, top-notch quality, it's not that badly priced. I'm not a customer or paid to say that, just an observation. :) I happened to find a second hand "S" tip for my PSE install on Panjo for $295.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Here are our "short" slash cut single wall tips installed!

Just an observation but is there a possibility of doing one the is a roiled single wall like the OE? Just my preference, but I don’t like double wall nor the single wall without the end rolled. Just my thoughts. I like your style of finish and the SOUL logo, just not the pipe type. I would think it might be a compromise between the two you offer.

Posted using Tapatalk

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just an observation but is there a possibility of doing one the is a roiled single wall like the OE? Just my preference, but I don’t like double wall nor the single wall without the end rolled. Just my thoughts. I like your style of finish and the SOUL logo, just not the pipe type. I would think it might be a compromise between the two you offer.
I understand what you're after, unfortunately we don't have the machinery to build something like that to a professional level.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I understand what you're after, unfortunately we don't have the machinery to build something like that to a professional level.
Really? I would think the double wall would be harder to produce. Either way, they do look very nice!

Posted using Tapatalk

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Really? I would think the double wall would be harder to produce. Either way, they do look very nice!

Posted using Tapatalk
Thank you! We have the double wall produced for us on a larger scale as the construction, stamping SOUL into the tips, and chrome plating would be a huge endeavor to do by hand. All of the single wall tips are built in-house individually by hand which is actually very time consuming!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thank you! We have the double wall produced for us on a larger scale as the construction, stamping SOUL into the tips, and chrome plating would be a huge endeavor to do by hand. All of the single wall tips are built in-house individually by hand which is actually very time consuming!
Nice! That’s pretty rare these days to have that kind of craftsmanship to do it in house.

Posted using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
21 - 40 of 58 Posts