Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here are some of our 3.5" single wall tips being built. After the inlets are welded to the shells, we move forward with notching the inlets and bumping them up to receive tip rings - which allow for slight adjustment of the tips. After that, we finish them depending on your desires - satin, brushed, coated - any way you want!

-Mike

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ordered mine a couple of days ago, can't wait. I'll post photo difference and sound bite diffs. 2008 Cayman 987.

Paul
Awesome, Paul, and thank you for offering to provide media to the forum! :cheers:

-Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please send details on how to purchase the shorter slant-cut single wall satin tips for a .1, with the 'PORSCHE' script as seen on prior page. Forum discount would be great. I appreciate that you offer many options.

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Please send details on how to purchase the shorter slant-cut single wall satin tips for a .1, with the 'PORSCHE' script as seen on prior page. Forum discount would be great. I appreciate that you offer many options.
PM sent!

-Mike

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got mine in the mail yesterday, now to get an appointment for installation.
Cheers!

We've just updated the clamps on our tips (shown above) to offer a more snug fit requiring less torque on the clamps. The Mikalor clamps were great but these hug the expanded inlet of the tip better and offer increased longevity when it comes to removing and reapplying should anyone need to remove them for cleaning or adjust the way they fit.

-Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Curious about pricing/availability for a 987.2 short, single-wall slash-cut, satin black, with and without PORSCHE logo (or with Soul logo). Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I was to buy the x-pipe alone and want to later upgrade to the full catback exhaust is that possible. What is the shipped price for the x-pipe in brushed silver short slant cut for a Planet9 member?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
If I was to buy the x-pipe alone and want to later upgrade to the full catback exhaust is that possible. What is the shipped price for the x-pipe in brushed silver short slant cut for a Planet9 member?
With 987.1 the bolt in x-pipe does not work with our full exhaust. We do credit for the difference so that you can sell and recoup costs. I'm unable to message you, can you shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll give you your custom member pricing?

-Mike

·
Registered
2006 CS manual
28 Posts
Ordered and installed mine chrome finish last year, great finish and quality, I rotated the clamp so is more hidden

as for the sound there is a difference but I can’t explain it.

I don’t like the oem snout look so this twin tip is perfect to me.

546 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ordered and installed mine chrome finish last year, great finish and quality, I rotated the clamp so is more hidden

as for the sound there is a difference but I can’t explain it.

I don’t like the oem snout look so this twin tip is perfect to me.
Thank you for the review! Glad you are happy!

-Mike

41 - 58 of 58 Posts