Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Those are absolutly beautiful. How would I get them from Chico to Seattle? Talked to the wife and she is ok with this as we have talked about the safety issue for the past 6 months. So I am willing to place a bid, but the issue is what happens if I win? Who boxes them up and ships them to me? Cantrell Motor Sports will install them for me. I really like the side air bag feature as most seats I am looking at do not have the air bag. Second, they are worth every penny as Suncoast has these seats listed for much more than $12k.
They're being offered by a dealer. I'm sure you can work out shipping arrangements if you are the winning bidder. Most likely just boxed up and shipped via the shipper of your choice (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.)

459 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I didn't like how far out the tips stuck out from the bumper on my car, so I contacted Soul. They didn't hesitate to ship out custom built shorter ones, at no cost to me. Solid customer service right there. Thanks again guys.
It was our pleasure to make sure you got exactly what you were looking for!

-Mike

459 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Wild - mild - then back to wild! On Friday we installed our 987.1 Street Package on this Cayman and took a few clips to demonstrate the difference between aggressive throttle application and casual driving.

-Mike

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just thought I would let the fine folks at Soul know that I received a lot of complements on their exhaust this last weekend from others in a two day rally & tour I participated in. A number of 911 owners (new and old) said the exhaust was the best they've ever heard on a flat 6 and the look of the round tips was a very nice finish to the rear of my Cayman.

At one point I needed to make an expedited left turn onto a two lane highway and quickly get up to speed from a dead stop. At the next rest stop the owner of an '89 911 that was behind me, walked up to me with a big grin on his face and said the roar of my car was music to his ears.

Now I just need to save some more $ to get the catted, long tube headers. :)

459 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
That's amazing! Great compliments all around and it sounds like you had a great time. That's what we're all about - creating great experiences for our customers. You're even making the air-cooled guys jealous! Do you have any pics or videos of the rally?

-Mike

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mike, Thanks for your response, as I do have a few questions about the Soul header install with a LN sump skid plate. Looking at the install of the 987.1 long tube catless headers, looks like the lead pipe is lower than the bottom of the sump. Is it possible that the LN sump skid plate could be in the way of this pipe?

the Softronic flash to include fuel, timing, throttle body, and a race file to exclude the O2 sensor. I need this flash to give a Sprint Booster type of software mapping to help off the start line and out of slower 2 gear corners. This will also help with heel/toe shifting, giving more immediate engine response, like a lightweight flywheel.

Thanks,
Ken
I will give you a call to discuss these two items.

459 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Mike, Thanks for your response, as I do have a few questions about the Soul header install with a LN sump skid plate. Looking at the install of the 987.1 long tube catless headers, looks like the lead pipe is lower than the bottom of the sump. Is it possible that the LN sump skid plate could be in the way of this pipe?

Thanks,
Ken
I will give you a call to discuss these two items.
Sorry for the delay, I missed this! We haven't had any fitment issues yet, but I can't confirm 100%. Should anyone ever be willing to try out fitment in a unique situation, it would be no problem for us to take back unused components should you have issues.

-Mike

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mike/John- I just installed your long tube race headers on my 987.1s. The installed went well. I also purchased a Softronic race flash from Scott. After a few phone calls, we discovered an older Softronic Racing Plenum kit from 11 years ago that was still on the car, that the previous owner purchased when the car was under warranty. Scott then upgraded his software to take full advantage of of the older Softronic race kit, which includes, a 996 GT3 RS plenum, a GT3 78mm throttle body, EVOMS V flow intake and a recent install of Soul long tube competition headers. The result was dramatic with no mid range torque falloff. The engine really has an urgent feel to it now. I do not have a dyno, so just seat of the pants feeling and watching the tach move. The noise is different now with the headers, no cats and this tune. Much smoother delivery of power now and the tone is increasing in a liner manor, which in the past seemed to stumble mid range. Scott remapped the ECU with a gigantic Race file including, ignition advance, fuel delivery, vario plus camshaft, fuel octane and the intake resonance valve changes. I want to drive the car more often now, like taking my wife for a drive for example, haha.

Magnificent work to John and Scott for a very successful install and outcome.

459 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Mike/John- I just installed your long tube race headers on my 987.1s. The installed went well. I also purchased a Softronic race flash from Scott. After a few phone calls, we discovered an older Softronic Racing Plenum kit from 11 years ago that was still on the car, that the previous owner purchased when the car was under warranty. Scott then upgraded his software to take full advantage of of the older Softronic race kit, which includes, a 996 GT3 RS plenum, a GT3 78mm throttle body, EVOMS V flow intake and a recent install of Soul long tube competition headers. The result was dramatic with no mid range torque falloff. The engine really has an urgent feel to it now. I do not have a dyno, so just seat of the pants feeling and watching the tach move. The noise is different now with the headers, no cats and this tune. Much smoother delivery of power now and the tone is increasing in a liner manor, which in the past seemed to stumble mid range. Scott remapped the ECU with a gigantic Race file including, ignition advance, fuel delivery, vario plus camshaft, fuel octane and the intake resonance valve changes. I want to drive the car more often now, like taking my wife for a drive for example, haha.

Magnificent work to John and Scott for a very successful install and outcome.
Cheers to you for building an awesome car and for giving us a chance to be a part of it! Thank you!

-Mike

81 - 100 of 104 Posts