Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good Evening Mike

I have your Competition headers on my 2007 Cayman S.
The header gaskets that came with the headers have failed (I must add that this is after more than a year of use), There is an obvious leak, on both sides and at almost the same exact spot. I tried using stock gaskets and the leak couldn't be fixed.
Can you supply the same gaskets that came with the headers?

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Good Evening Mike

I have your Competition headers on my 2007 Cayman S.
The header gaskets that came with the headers have failed (I must add that this is after more than a year of use), There is an obvious leak, on both sides and at almost the same exact spot. I tried using stock gaskets and the leak couldn't be fixed.
Can you supply the same gaskets that came with the headers?
Not a problem at all, can you email in at [email protected] and we'll get a set with new hardware out to you immediately!

-Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
I can't say enough good things about your company. Talk about after sales service. The gaskets were delivered today via Fedex (on a Saturday) free of charge.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I can't say enough good things about your company. Talk about after sales service. The gaskets were delivered today via Fedex (on a Saturday) free of charge.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you
Thank you! We stand behind anything we make and do anything we can to help. :)

-Mike

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
We've been asked for track systems for Boxster / Cayman applications and development is underway! Our 987.1 development Cayman is ready to rock and roll!

We're crafting a full 2.5", lightweight yet durable system designed to be "maximum attack, at home on the track" but also for the few who want it as loud as possible on the street. This system will be modular with either resonated or straight pipe configurations. You'll be able to run with or without exhaust tips in the interest of weight savings.

Stay tuned as development continues!

-Mike

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
We've been asked for track systems for Boxster / Cayman applications and development is underway! Our 987.1 development Cayman is ready to rock and roll!

We're crafting a full 2.5", lightweight yet durable system designed to be "maximum attack, at home on the track" but also for the few who want it as loud as possible on the street. This system will be modular with either resonated or straight pipe configurations. You'll be able to run with or without exhaust tips in the interest of weight savings.

Stay tuned as development continues!

-Mike
Mike, do you have any pictures of your new 2.5" inch track product. Is that from the header flange to the tail pipe collector? Are those going forward , then bending back to the rear for a truely long tube header?

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Mike, do you have any pictures of your new 2.5" inch track product. Is that from the header flange to the tail pipe collector? Are those going forward , then bending back to the rear for a truely long tube header?
I will have pictures very soon! This system will be from 2.5" terminating in 3" piping at the rear section. The rear section will be the same on 987.1, 987.2, and 981 with the over axle piping and brackets unique for each car. Our Competition Headers have been officially sanctioned as legal for use in Spec Cayman 987.1 racing class which has been a long term goal of ours! We're also now proud sponsors of PCA Club Racing as well. You are correct. The headers are considered long tube as we are using an extended runner length and incorporate a merge collection to smooth the exhaust pulses.

Here is some general content about our 986-981 race exhaust development:

Our brackets are first designed in CAD software after taking careful measurements and drawings of our intentions. We're able to rapid prototype with several tools depending on our needs, from 3D printing for a 3 dimensional proof to plasma cut out on our table seen below.

Here is Oliver working on a prototype compound bracket consisting of several pieces which will eventually be welded together.

Oliver builds his own jigs and tools to get the perfect bends for brackets. We also have a press brake bender, but this method works great to get these brackets bent perfectly to spec.

987/981 Secondary Support Brackets

981 Primary Support Bracket

987.1 Primary Support Bracket

Overaxle Pipe Flange

987/981 Non Resonated Center Section

Teaser Video - 981 Cayman S GTB1 Equipped with SOUL Competition Headers and Prototype Resonated Competition Exhaust System

-Mike

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

SOUL is proud to officially be a PCA Club Racing sponsor for 2020! Our involvement in the Porsche community has been steadily growing and we look forward to investing more of our time and effort this coming race season.

Locally we attend most every Riesentoter PCA event, such as charity Phil-A-Frunk. John helps with instructing at every RTR track day. John has joined RTR’s board to run their Street Survival Teen Driving program and Adult Car Control Clinics. We also sponsor the massive PCA Swap Meet in Hershey, PA every year. Nationally we’ve attended a multitude of PCA Club Races, most recently the NJMP Club Race as an event sponsor. John has also flown down to Sebring to help train PCA Instructor Candidates for Suncoast region PCA. We also travel to events as a PCA sponsor such as Porsche Parade.

SOUL was approached by key members of PCA Club Racing to provide a solution to the constant failures of the 987.1 Spec Cayman series (SPC) factory headers. They were constantly cracking and blowing out the cat core, costing series participants track time, points, time, money, and frustration. SOUL Competition Headers are now the exclusive, class legal 987.1 Spec Cayman header replacement with a Lifetime Warranty for track use.

Section I of SPC Class Rules 2020, Engine section: Exhaust System. Exhaust manifolds must remain stock or may be the Soul header (P/N POR.9871.COH) may be
substituted. The tailpipe beyond the manifold assembly flange is free as long as the twin exhausts emerge in the stock
location at the rear. Modifications can be made to exhaust sensors to prevent a check engine light from coming on as a
result of exhaust changes. The required stock exhaust manifold (headers) may be externally wrapped.

-Mike

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Titanium tips are now available! These weigh approximately one pound less than our standard 321 stainless tips. Titanium is a harder material than stainless and is more durable and resistant to scratching and if you fancy - can be heated with a torch to add coloring such as gold, purple, and blue.

-Mike

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Loud is easy. Managing volume and drone while allowing desirable exhaust notes to come forward is a challenge. Our mufflers are extremely effective at minimizing drone through a mixture of a bespoke blend of sound absorbing materials and an internal Helmholtz resonator design. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty (including track use) and our experts - ready at any moment to assist you - take comfort in upgrading your Porsche with a SOUL experience. We invite you to have a no pressure, casual, and informative chat with us about your upgrades to see if we can meet your needs - and then we hope to exceed them.

-Mike

551 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Casey from VINwiki is upgrading the Lykan Hypersport build #6 from Fast and the Furious Live. Under all that sensual Lykan bodywork...is a Porsche 987.1 platform...and on it goes our Long Tube Street Headers and Race Exhaust!

-Mike

101 - 114 of 114 Posts