Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am new here to P9, spending most of my time posting at RL about my 951 project (Hybrid stroker, bigger turbo, meth injection, MegaSquirt etc. etc. etc.). My brother and I recently started modifying our 987.1 S, and documenting everything on a YouTube channel.

We recently purchased a full exhaust setup from Soul Performance Products for our car. We ordered the Competition Headers and Performance Exhaust System. We decided to do a 3 part video series to cover the unboxing, install and dyno test. I haven't seen a ton of data or documentation on their stuff but they offered to cover the cost of the dyno run for us to try out their parts!

Here is the first video and I will follow up with the install and dyno videos once complete. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for letting me join your forum!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to see you guys here, I watch your videos over on Reddit, and I'm excited to check this new series of reviews out! Does this mean the Circuit Werks v2 might be for sale in the near future? :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for watching, we're glad to be here! The guys from Soul actually recommended P9, they said this forum is a bit more "fun". The V2 kit will be for sale when we install the Soul on the 22nd!

Also, I just realized I'm an idiot and misspelled my user name! Can that be changed or is my stupidity to be on display forever?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did the cat-back system for my 2011 Cayman 2.9. It sounds awesome.......loud and "soul-full" when i'm on it, but it's totally docile at
low rpms and throttle. No drone whatsoever......which I was worried about from other systems.

I will post pics here in a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! I can't wait to hear the system once installed. Your description of the sound is exactly what we are looking for.
I was impressed with it's "livability". If I'm not hammering on it, it's super quiet.

When I go WOT and scream through underpasses......it sings it's full song. But I didn't want it to be annoying for road trips.

They simply nailed the resonance characteristics. Kudos to Soul.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the real test of drone is approx. 2500RPM uphill constant speed in 2nd. or 3rd. gear.
Being that the install was done in Bailey, CO at 8900ft, then has been driven up and down to Denver 300+ miles,
I couldn't agree more.

Except I'm doing it in 5th-6th gear up a 7% grade with lots of throttle.

Zero drone......i'm very impressed.

717 Posts
Great quality content from you guys, as usual! If there are any specific questions about who we are, what we do or about the exhaust itself I am always available to help. We need some more drifting videos ;)

- Evan
P: 267-818-3203
E: [email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mike (if this is the Mike half of the Brothers posting): did you happen to get a rwhp dyno before you installed the exhaust? 291hp isn't too shabby for a rwhp number. What is the rule of thumb? That you lose 15% of engine hp through the drivetrain? That would mean that a stock 987S would have something around 250rwhp in stock form. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike (if this is the Mike half of the Brothers posting): did you happen to get a rwhp dyno before you installed the exhaust? 291hp isn't too shabby for a rwhp number. What is the rule of thumb? That you lose 15% of engine hp through the drivetrain? That would mean that a stock 987S would have something around 250rwhp in stock form. Does that sound about right?
Mike here! We did not get a number before installing the kit. Because we already had a cat-back on the car Soul had us just do an after run (they paid for the dyno runs). When I sent the results to Soul they said that 987.1 CS typically puts down between 257 and 272 completely stock. I also spoke to the dyno operator and he said that compared to some other dyno's in town theirs is typically a bit conservative. So, worst case scenario if the dyno is realistic would be around a 19 whp gain. if the car was a slouch from the factory and the dyno is conservative it COULD be as high 40, but i think somewhere between 20 and 25 whp gain is a safe bet.

It would have been nice to have a before run, even with the kit we had on it, but no dice. We are going to do a tune, plenum, throttle body and pulley moving forward and will use the same dyno for those runs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.