Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-
Does anyone know if the door speakers in the Sound Package Plus have passive crossover components? The woofer reads approx. 4 ohms resistance, but if I recall the tweeter is measuring approx. 4K ohms. This leads me to believe that there might be a crossover in there? I think that the ASK amp doesn't have a built-in active crossover- at least it doesn't look like it. I'm replacing my ASK amp and wonder whether or not I will need to supply a crossover assuming I keep my old speakers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Recently I had my door cover off and looked at the speakers and from what I can see the door high mid is passive through the mid sub. In other words, I think the signal either comes from the amp already split, or the signal is split before the sub than passively to the high mid. In any respect if your going to change the amp you should complete the system with the complimentary speakers. It just adds to the definition and clarity of the complete sound. If your looking for just a better sound than I would add an amp with better speakers to replace the rear ones and it wouldn't mess with the oem bose system thats in there now. I Hope I helped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Wayne!
Mine is not the Bose system. although I wouldn't be surprised if the crossover is in the amp in the sound plus package as well. I'm going to make a simple 1st order crossover just to try once my new amp comes in. Or I'll try a frequency sweep 1st to see if I can tell if there is a passive xover in there. Was it tough to get in to the door speakers?

·
Registered
121 Posts
No problem.... Taking off the door cover wasn't that bad. In fact with the support from this site I was able to take it off safely. That i did without breaking any clip's. just take your time and remember when you pop off the clip's that you put the screw driver as close to the clip as possible. Also when ready to take off cover the whole thing needs to come up over the window sill. oh after that there are two door function connection and handle rod that need to be separated before its free. Don't worry, its not bad, you can do it. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.