Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2015.

Nice cars are coming out of hibernation so its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 24, 2015.
Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 7th and June 28th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

This isn't just for Porsches, so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
Dino

Below are a few pix from last season.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our first meet of this season is this Sunday, 5/24. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice turn out for our first meet. Below are a few pix.
The next meet is 6/7/15.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, June 7th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another great turn out with lots of new faces - Gilles, Mike, Martin, John, Kevin and a few others joined us for a morning of great cars and beautiful weather. It was a lot of fun! Gilles brought the first French car to attend our meet, a 1972 Citroen SM.

As always it was also great catching up with a our "Usual suspects" such as Dan, Hans, Raoul, Ken, Ken2, Steve, Steve T, Kenny, Ray, Bill, Ed, Rob, Rich, Nick, Keith, etc. I know I've missed a bunch of people, but I'm terrible with names! Give me time...I'll eventually get all of your names.

As Father's day is in 2 weeks, our next meet will be on June 28th. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey folks. It's Martin with the Z4.

Thanks so much for welcoming me on the last cars'n'coffee. The collective car selection is pure class.

I took some pictures. I figure that posting or linking them is encouraged and I don't have to wipe out license plates and things?

Oh and thanks for the v10 sound.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Martin,

Glad you were able to join us and that you had a great time. We love seeing pix of cars that attended so please post/link them etc.

Looking forward to catching up again soon.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Full album is here:

http://darmok.dyndns.org/carsandcoffee/vol10001/index5.html

I didn't get a good pic of the 928. A friend of mine is upset about it. Is the 928 a member and posted about it?

Which silver is this? Love 997s.
Hi Martin,

Thank you for sharing your photos! You took some fantastic photos that I know people will appreciate.

I do not think the 928 owner posts here on Planet 9. He is actually an independent service shop owner and tech, he works on one of my friend's Porsches. He works on German cars primarily but does work on others. I believe he has more than one 928, and I know he has a 964/911Turbo and a muscle car or two. He drops by our C&Cs occasionally, so if you come by you might see the 928 or one of his other cars.

That color silver on the 997 may be seal gray or meteor gray. I'm not positive. I have never asked the owner. I know the 997 Turbo Cabriolet that attended is meteor gray.

I agree, I like the wheels on your car a lot!!!

Your photos look fantastic. I hope you will join us again and take/post more pix.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hehe. What I really want is a sound recording of the lovely engines :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe. What I really want is a sound recording of the lovely engines :)
Hopefully you will be able to do that during another meet. Cheers!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys,

The forecasts I've seen for tomorrow all say we will be getting a lot of rain. So we will NOT be meeting tomorrow. Our next meet will be in 2 weeks on Sunday 7/12/15. Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 12th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys,

Our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 26th. Let's hope for some good weather. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like showers around 9am in Taunton according to recent forecasts so I'm cancelling tomorrow's meet. The next date for a Taunton C&C - to be determined.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys,

Our next meet is this Sunday, August 9th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't quite as predicted. Still, some braved the "Treacherous drizzle" ;) , for a morning drive and meet.Overall a pretty good turn out considering less than perfect weather and a few other car events on the same day. As always nice catching up with several of our regulars Frank, Steve, Howard, Hans, Mike (Boxster), Mike (458), and Martin (and anyone else I may have missed). Lets hope for better weather next time.

Our next meet will be on Sunday August 23rd. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick reminder, our next meet is scheduled for this Sunday, August 23rd. So far the weather forecast isn't looking great. Hopefully the forecast will improve, but if not I'll post a cancellation notice here either Saturday night or early Sunday.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

with predictions for Sunday of AM fog plus passing showers or a thunderstorm, I'm cancelling tomorrow's meet. Our next meet date will probably be Sept 6th.

Best regards,
Dino

1 - 20 of 33 Posts