Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never installed spacers on my past cars. So, forgive me if this is a no brainer.

I see most seem to add four spacers of the same width all the way around OR front spaces at about half the width of the rear spacers, e.g., 7mm front/15mm rear.

I was thinking 5mm front/8mm rear. Any issues with this set-up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
No issues, most people just like to follow the crowd (no prob with that). I have 8/12.

Did you post a pic of your car yet Paul? I haven't seen it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm interested as well; I was going to go with 7mm/15mm but someone mentioned in another thread that the 15 mm rub and suggested 7mm or 10mm all around.
EDIT: here's the link: 10mm spacers in front?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I can't imagine they'd rub. Like I said I have 12mm in the rear, on a car dropped 25mm on sport springs. Plenty of people here have 15mm without issue. I'm happy with my 12mm though.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't have any rubbing that I know of with my 7/14mm on my CS. This is with PASM.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Does the spacer installation really make a major change to the aesthetic of the car? Debated on getting them but spent the money elsewhere. Nothing to do with track applications, would only do it for the look. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Does the spacer installation really make a major change to the aesthetic of the car? Debated on getting them but spent the money elsewhere. Nothing to do with track applications, would only do it for the look. Any suggestions?
Do spacers make a major change to the aesthetic of the car? No. But I added spacers anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wouldn't say a major change but definitely a noticeable improvement to aesthetics. Obviously a 5 mm spacer won't be as noticeable as 15 ... I have 7 front and 15 rear (Schnell) with no rubbing whatsoever and that's on H&R sport springs which sits approx 5mm lower than OEM sport suspension. Although I haven't read it anywhere, I wonder if someone experiencing rubbing has a particular manufacturer of tire (some a little wider than others) or perhaps 1/2" wider sport techno wheels?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll pick up the spacers tomorrow on ECS Tuning site.

I'm not looking for an overly aggressive stance just a bit of filler. Besides, I'm on standard suspension, overdoing it would look silly.

Kyle, as for pics, here's a few...

Reactions: disclaf

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't say a major change but definitely a noticeable improvement to aesthetics. Obviously a 5 mm spacer won't be as noticeable as 15 ... I have 7 front and 15 rear (Schnell) with no rubbing whatsoever and that's on H&R sport springs which sits approx 5mm lower than OEM sport suspension. Although I haven't read it anywhere, I wonder if someone experiencing rubbing has a particular manufacturer of tire (some a little wider than others) or perhaps 1/2" wider sport techno wheels?
Thanks for the info; now leaning toward the 7/15 set-up.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Interesting thread .... just resulted in me ordering the 7/15 from Schnell (great price today, thanks) ...... thanks for all the enablement folks :)

Reactions: KRG and mcomet

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll pick up the spacers tomorrow on ECS Tuning site.

I'm not looking for an overly aggressive stance just a bit of filler. Besides, I'm on standard suspension, overdoing it would look silly.

Kyle, as for pics, here's a few...

I forgot you ended up ordering white. Super sexy, obviously ;)

Reactions: disclaf
1 - 14 of 14 Posts