Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several threads about taller drivers (I'm 6'6") installing fixed back bucket seats (GT#, Sparco, etc.) with side mounts bolting directly to the floor, I decided to take the plunge. I picked up a Sparco Sprint wrapped in their eco-leather (i.e. vinyl) and plan on mounting it directly to the floor with side mounts to get as low as possible. Almost all the other threads I've seen have the seat mounted to the sliders, which I will not be using.

My question is, what mounts and other hardware do I need to install the Sparco Sprint directly bolted to the floor into my '02 986 Boxster? I plan on using the factory three point seat belt since the most track time this car will see is the occasional DE event.

I'm aware that this is the 911 subforum, but I figured it would get a little more views here since the seat mounts are identical to the 996.

I have somewhat of an idea of what parts I need, but since there's a good chance I might be wrong, I would like to have input from the forum so I don't spread misinformation.

And here's a picture of the seat - I've heard Sparco does not offer the eco-leather option in the US, so I was fortunately able to find a good price from a supplier in Germany.

sprint.jpg

Thanks in adavnce,
-Michael

·
Registered
644 Posts
Brey Krause makes adapters for Sparco seats into Porsches. I suggest contacting one of their dealers and giving them the exact seat model, so they can help you out. Looks as simple as the GT3 fixed seat brackets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts