Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase an 08 CS with bose system and already have some very high quality aftermarket dynaudio components that i want to implement into the car with some Tru Technology amps and a kenwood 9140 head unit. The speakers that i would like to use to get some of the best sound in car audio are a 3 way set up that will be run actively (with out standard xovers, but using a processor/xover to set xover points and slopes). I know that the factory door speakers are around 8" and 4", and i want to use a dynaudio mw182 (which is around 9" overall including the mounting flange) for the midbass, but really wanted to know if anyone could tell me what size the ACTUAL opening was (not the bose plastic opening). If i can fit this driver, i would put dynaudio esotar 430 mids in the other openings in the doors and the esotar 110 large format tweeters in the a-pillars (which would have to be custom molded to hold them). This would sound incredible if i could fit it all, but just waiting to see if someone could tell me that one measurement. If not, i guess i'll find out once i tear the car down myself. Thanks in advance, Aaron

1 - 1 of 1 Posts