Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

On my '07 CS with 19" Carrera S wheels, I'm replacing the rear OEM PS2's (265/35-19) with 275/35-19's. I think I'm down to either the Hankook V12's or the Conti ExtremeContact DW's.

My question is the Section Width measurement on the published Continental spec sheet for the 275/35-19. On both the Continental website and the Tire Rack website (probabably just a cut/paste from the mfr.), the Section Width is listed as 10.5". Is this a misprint ? They list the 265's at 10.7" and the 285's at 11.4" so how can the 275's be 10.5". If this is a misprint, does anyone know what the actual Section width is ? Is it ~10.9" like other mfr.'s of the same size or should I just split the difference between the Conti 265's and 285's and estimate 11".

TIA:)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
both the 265 and 275 series tires are measured on a 9.5" width rim, therefore the 265 has to be streatched more to fit the same width. This could very well create a larger section width than the 275 tire. The 275 would have more of a "buldge" near the lip as it is not streatched as much to cover the wheel width. To me, this looks better and protects the rim from curb damage too.

The 285 tire is measured on a 10" rim so can not compare.

I was going to go with these tires when I need to replace, and tire rack recommending matching the 275 in back with 245 up front.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We do get the specs for the tires from Conti. Sometimes the wider tires can have a narrwoer section width but more contact patch. The wheel width does also make a difference.
wheel width is the same. Also, same tire following same trend of sizing differential, except for this particluar 275 size tire. Peculiar ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.