Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a x73 suspension today on a 981 Base Cayman with 19 in wheels. Is there a chart for x73 suspension alignment? don't have PASM.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The specs with the -2 in the front is with GT3 LCA's on X73 and the reason me with the -1 specs is just on the X73s.

I got my original alignment at the Porsche dealership and they didn't want to go past -1 for some reason, but I know without the GT3 LCA's you can get up to -1.6 in the front if you max out the camber alignment bolts at the top of the strut towers.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Artyartum, I have a base, no PASM, with 19" wheels too and have been considering X73. Please post your impressions of the ride differences after you dial it in. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
The specs with the -2 in the front is with GT3 LCA's on X73 and the reason me with the -1 specs is just on the X73s.

I got my original alignment at the Porsche dealership and they didn't want to go past -1 for some reason, but I know without the GT3 LCA's you can get up to -1.6 in the front if you max out the camber alignment bolts at the top of the strut towers.

Mountaineer84
Those are your alignment results not the spec's for a x73 suspension and would not be possible without GT3 LCA (lower control arms) which Artyartem doesn't have.

Artyartem do you want the factory spec for x73 or a performance setting ?
Since x73 is lower than standard suspension you can probably get a max of -0.8 to -1.0 front camber My guess; which would be good if you are going to autocross or track the car. If that's the case go with whatever the max negative camber they can get. I'm assuming since you bought the x73 you probably didn't get it just for street use.
If you are using it only on the street go with the factory x73 setting is. Which I would be guessing at since I had it on my 2000 BS but a 2015 is probably not the same.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mountaineer84
Those are your alignment results not the spec's for a x73 suspension and would not be possible without GT3 LCA (lower control arms) which Artyartem doesn't have.

Artyartem do you want the factory spec for x73 or a performance setting ?
Since x73 is lower than standard suspension you can probably get a max of -0.8 to -1.0 front camber My guess; which would be good if you are going to autocross or track the car. If that's the case go with whatever the max negative camber they can get. I'm assuming since you bought the x73 you probably didn't get it just for street use.
If you are using it only on the street go with the factory x73 setting is. Which I would be guessing at since I had it on my 2000 BS but a 2015 is probably not the same.
Ah I see. Maybe take a look at my entire post. The other photo I posted shows my alignment without the GT3 LCAs.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I did see the -1.0 dealer alignment which you said was the max they would do. Still neither -1.0 or max -1.6 is factory spec for x73

Spec for factory 2015 987 lowered 20mm is front -0.6 to -1.1 with 0 to 1/32 toe in rear -1.4 t -1.9 with 1/32 - 3/32 toe in based on info
from my first alignment which was set for a 2015 for some reason; guess they didn't have the 2016 spec in their machine

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did see the -1.0 dealer alignment which you said was the max they would do. Still neither -1.0 or max -1.6 is factory spec for x73

Spec for factory 2015 987 lowered 20mm is front -0.6 to -1.1 with 0 to 1/32 toe in rear -1.4 t -1.9 with 1/32 - 3/32 toe in based on info
from my first alignment which was set for a 2015 for some reason; guess they didn't have the 2016 spec in their machine
Ah you should probably post the chart he's asking for then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put in a X73 suspension to my 2015 Cayman S which suspension wise is the same as a base model.

I then installed:
RSS 361 Front Lower Control Arms $1,200.00
RSS 301 Rear Adjustable Toe Steer Kit $525
RSS 333 Rear Toe Alignment Locking Plates $90

I had the shop then set alignment to the following:
FRONT -2.2 to 2.3 Camber + Toe 0
REAR -2.0 -2.1 + Toe 1-2mm (Toe In)

I run 19: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for street and 18" Nitto NT01 for track.

It is an amazing on street and track without weird tire wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts