Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 09 cayman S Sunday to Seekonk Speedway for the spectator drags( you race around a 1/3 oval track against one other car from a dead stop,loser leaves track,winner goes back to infield and waits to race winner of next race,last 2 cars race for two laps for $100.00,a large trophy and bragging rights,2nd and third place get trophys) .There was 66 cars,everything from evos, turbo miatas, 500 hp 1984 camaros with 456 gears and everything in between.I did this on a whim because my nephew begged me to.(he is 12).
I have run here before in a heavily modified mustang and won several times.I figured I would win a couple of rounds but that was it.You can run any tire as long as the tread wear rating is not below 100.I have the turbo 19 inch wheels and tires and pasm.I am totally blown away by how this car handles a banked track,I came in third, I lost to the camaro (by a car length)who usually wins(500 hp 456 gears).My nephew said after I beat a modified rx 8 the crowd was saying that I might take the win.These cars are truly giant killers,if I had a 2 lap run against the camaro I really do believe the little cayman would have beat the camaro in the corners and taken the win.I will see if I can find someone who video taped this and post it.We took on a modified evo,a slk kompressor benz and a few other cars but the camaro was just too quick out of the hole.Anyone know of a good chip for my CS?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Add TPC turbo and it's all but over.. :taunt: ATM my dream ride is a CS PDK PASM with a TPC, or the 918 whichever I can get my hands on first!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Great job representing the community. I enjoy the DEs and I know 95% of drivers have no idea what to do with their cars. A great car and some experience go a long way.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
What car came in First or Second? Not obvious in your description.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Hachi,

I have a friend that went to that race and told me about the cayman vs camaro race. That is too cool that you are on here.

What is the entry process? How much does it cost? and the most important question. Did you do the figure eight race??:hilarious:

Are you going to do it again? I am thinking about entering.

I am just up the road in Plymouth, MA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Hachi,

I have a friend that went to that race and told me about the cayman vs camaro race. That is too cool that you are on here.

What is the entry process? How much does it cost? and the most important question. Did you do the figure eight race??:hilarious:

Are you going to do it again? I am thinking about entering.

I am just up the road in Plymouth, MA
Its $25.00 to enter, Would not do the figure eight in a sherman tank. I may do the july forth weekend but I am doing a scda event at limerock in my mustang on july 5th so im not sure but I would love to see another cayman out there.I will go and watch no matter what because I have a few friends who enter everytime.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Watched some of the video of this on YouTube (saw your car in the infield, but didn't see a video of you on the track). What determines the start position (i.e. inside or outside), since it seems the inside guy would have a slight advantage?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would have a blast because nobody knew what a cayman was in the pits,I myself had no idea how well this car was going to do.We had people in the stands after asking if it was a twin turbo,if it was all wheel drive,etc.The cars that win are completely set up for that track(corner balanced,heavy duty spring right front,front end setup by the same guys that race there in divisions.)I know the 2 camaro owners personally.They have no idea how evil a stock cayman is (well ,they do now)never mind one that is set up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They flip a coin and ask heads or tail,If you win the coin toss you get to pick inside or outside,There is no way to know who you going to get paired against but they usually try to make it interesting(camaro vs mustang).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great job representing the community. I enjoy the DEs and I know 95% of drivers have no idea what to do with their cars. A great car and some experience go a long way.
Thanks Chris,
Had a blast,I hope everyone that owns one of these little beasts gets to try some form of competition,because you will never know how special these little terrors are unless you run them up against other makes.I still cant get the smile off my face.

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
Watched some of the video of this on YouTube...
hachi, is this you?

Nicely done! I do autocross, track days and DE's all the time, but I'm not sure I'd be out there with some other folks like that. A little too "wheel-to-wheel" for my... wallet ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that is me,Thanks for putting that up.I couldnt find any videos.You would do well at one of these events.You just have to make sure that if it comes close to trading paint, back out of it and go home in one piece,you and the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hachi is my hubby. He raced his 6-speed at Seekonk Speedway and did very well. I have a red Cayman S, tiptronic which is (he'll admit) even faster off the line. Sorry, he begged me to use it but I'm saving it for me at Seekonk Speedway's next spectator drag. (Gotta show the hubby what it feels like to get beat by a girl!) No wonder he's on here looking around for a chip!

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Hachi is my hubby. He raced his 6-speed at Seekonk Speedway and did very well. I have a red Cayman S, tiptronic which is (he'll admit) even faster off the line. Sorry, he begged me to use it but I'm saving it for me at Seekonk Speedway's next spectator drag. (Gotta show the hubby what it feels like to get beat by a girl!) No wonder he's on here looking around for a chip!
Oh this just gets more interesting by the minute. Kick some bootie!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oooh man.. A spousal showdown....(grabbin me some popcorn to watch the throwdown):banana:

I might have to bring my Cayman S and I'll race the loser..:burnout:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.