Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
ran with them a bunch in the last 2 years

good variety and a shitload of track time almost like a private track day. timing always included

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I had to wait 5 years to post this. I ran with Speed District for the first time 4/17/2020. On the 15th, they conducted a Virtual Drivers Meeting, nicely done, and brief too. This was one ( 1) day event, with 3 run groups, Novice, Intermediate and (Open passing) Experienced group. Three (3) twenty-minute sessions per hour. I ran in the Intermediate group, passing signal required. Respectful drivers and for the most part, passing signals could expect to be seen when closing the car in front of you. They are back at Buttonwillow May 22/23/2020....they are up on motorsportReg.com Do not hesitate to drive with these guys....you get a chance to drive with all Marques, and maybe humble a few of them...be prepared to be humbled yourself.

·
Premium Member
34,224 Posts
Ran with them yesterday at Laguna Seca. No accidents, etc. Only the top two groups are open passing. Bottom two were point-by. Still everything went smoothly. I didn't stay to the end so can't vouch for the entire day. MSchacht was with me yesterday and I believe he had a good time as well. There was quite a mix of cars, not quite a you-name-it-it-was-there but definitely not a strictly porsche event. Josh who is part of the staff is very easy to work with so I fully intend to try more their events. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I was there with AJ, now that's a good "handle: :) I just wish I had some cool vowels/consonants in my name, first initial M, middle initial F., I don't think "MF" would be a good handle :) We had a great time. No craziness in our intermediate group...a few guys with "no mirror" syndrome, they should have moved down a group, I would think, regardless a great time for us. Speed District puts on a good show. I also hear good things about Speed SF, a NorCal Group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts