Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took delivery of my Cayman and one of the features which I like to use is the speed limit display in the multifunction display.

Currently I have is set to on in the PCM display menu option. Problem with this is that the speed limit appears on every screen of the multifunction display and sometimes blocks details of what's on the screen so it's a bit annoying.

I read in the manual that if I go to the vehicle menu where I can customise each of the 4 lines, it should have the speed limit option just before "blank line". However when I go to the car, every other option is there as per the manual except for speed limit.

Has anyone come across this? How do I get the speed limit to display on the Vehicle menu?

·
Registered
911 Posts
As far as I can tell, that is the only way to display the speed limit and it does partially block the 4th line. Appears to be some inefficient programming on Porsche's part.

Also, the speed limit display apparently relies on the Navi database - which on my early 2013 is already somewhat out of date.

BTW, does anyone know the cost of updating the Navi maps? I'm afraid to ask my dealer...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Around $250-300 for an updated map DVD IIRC.
Reason #12 for getting a $150 GPS from Garmin instead of being taken to the cleaners by PAC.

(My favorite reason is the Garmin comes with me when I really need it--meaning out of town in a rental car. 'Can't do that with Porsche's navigation system unless you have lots of wrenches, knowledge, time, and space in your suitcase.)

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
There is also an option to display the speed limit on the PCM screen - I think that this can be enabled without enabling the MFD option.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
But can you get the speed limit display to turn red when you are speeding and illuminated by radar? :)

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
There is also an option to display the speed limit on the PCM screen - I think that this can be enabled without enabling the MFD option.
That is true. You need to be navigating somewhere though and then click on the box in the upper left corner to get the split screen with turn arrows. It shows the speed limit at that point.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I believe the speed limit is displayed in the lower right of the vehicle menu, so I put the charging system info in that 4rth line position. You still see the pertinent info and what the speed limit icon blocks is inconsequential.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Around $250-300 for an updated map DVD IIRC.
Opted out of the "Infotainment" package because of this. No desire for a nav system that becomes outdated almost as soon as you drive off the lot... And costs stupid money to update.

$300 for a DVD? :crazy:

Google Maps/Nav on my Droid FTMFW.

·
Registered
781 Posts
^you can get them for "free" online if you look hard enough. Same is true of most dvd based maps. Just burn the DVD and your good....

I don't condone copyright infringement but if you look hard enough ;)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts