·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Pete,

The speedART does open nicely at the track. I can't imagine getting meatballed at Limerock with a speedART. I've run mine there with no problem, and Mystic Cayman S ran his Remus (which sounds louder than the speedART) with no problem. I've also seen FabSpeed equipped Caymans there.

I think a Borla might be pushing the limits, and a Capristo will definitley get you brought in.

In regard to Laguna Seca, I know someone who got meatballed with a bone stock 996 TT for noise. They are super strict over there.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Gator if I just happen to be at Lime Rock on 4/5, you can bet I'm going to slip the sound guy a $20 just to black flag you for a session!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Well Gator if I just happen to be at Lime Rock on 4/5, you can bet I'm going to slip the sound guy a $20 just to black flag you for a session!
Pete, Did you sign up for this event or are you thinking about coming to offer support (aka heckle)?

Where is Croc'ed?? Has Dave moved to club racing??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pete, Did you sign up for this event or are you thinking about coming to offer support (aka heckle)?

Where is Croc'ed?? Has Dave moved to club racing??
Jim,

Are you planning on attending the 4/5 outing? I may follow you up to watch and see if it tickles my fancy. Still waiting on my SpeedArt and may need an extra set of hands, so be looking for my phone call....LOL

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Jim,

Are you planning on attending the 4/5 outing? I may follow you up to watch and see if it tickles my fancy. Still waiting on my SpeedArt and may need an extra set of hands, so be looking for my phone call....LOL
Hey Chris,

I am indeed registered for this event! Not yet sure if I am going up Sunday night or Monday morning. If Monday, it will be at 4:00 a.m.:crazy:
I'll let you know soon.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no DE for my this year. Money is tight and even my heckling may be limited to the online type vs. trackside.

Maybe I should charge you guys a buck a photo, but that wouldn't even make my tolls! :hilarious: Besides, the official track photographer may slash my tires.

·
Registered
292 Posts
89 db at what distance, or under what testing conditions? That's important.
They check noise levels from different points around the track throughout the day. They set up just outside of the guardrails on both sides of the track. They like the downhill and just before you go under the bridge on the front straight.

They are pretty easy to spot and anyone who's car is close to the limit usually lifts as they go by. When they black flag you the first time, they give you an opportunity to fix the problem and go back out. If they get you a second time then you are done for the day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For years I had a house on White Hollow road just south of the park. Noise was not an issue for those of us living close to Lime Rock. Car crashes on White Hollow Road was an issue, usually involving very expensive Italian cars and alcohol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts