Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, Porsche does offer the wheel as a cast model. I believe that it is 38lbs so its a good bit heavier and not as strong as the forged one by Fuchs.

Also, it comes as a 19x11.5 designed for a 997 fitment and is way too aggressive on the rear of the Boxster/Cayman.

·
Registered
240 Posts
^ I agree. I don't like it at all.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Me too, I just don't get it! Plus it looks like they would compromise brake cooling

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like the wheels on classics, but they don't work at all on that body.
With Porsche going with the throwback theme creating the Boxster Spyder, in addition to their special edition 997, I think it is a cool idea to take the Classic wheel and give it a shot on the Boxster. Certainly not for everyone but something different.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you using the spacer on the front as well? That offset (8.5 et56 is very high for a 987.....

Cheers
Hey Jeff, while the et56 works, I agree its high. We discussed offering a 10mm for the front too. Since the rear requires a 13mm to fit, you will need longer bolts in the rear. If you add a 10mm in the front too, you can run the same bolt all the way around and avoid confusion and possible mixup.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You could get away with the 13 all the way around to make it easier. We put alot of customers into studs instead of longer bolts which makes things a little easier.

I do like the new wheels, not scaled the way I would have (and I have done it) but still look good. I am sure you will sell a bunch of them!!

Cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.