Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the SpeedArt exhaust systems (from the group buy) are finally in the states and Stephen is getting them packaged up for shipment!!!

My old exhaust has been off for a month and my Softronic flash and plenum are both installed!!!

Now all I have to do is wait for some clean roads and warmer weather. I have been waiting for almost 4 years to modify my Cayman S, and I am very excited.

Thanks to everyone, especially Gator, for helping me decide on SpeedArt and (then squeaking me into the group buy), the awesome install directions, the folks at Softronic, etc.

:thanks:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sure....rub it in! I found out last week that I was the only export Gen1 system order that did not make it on the last sea freight shipment...now I have to wait another month or so to get it...I knew it was going to take some waiting for this thing, but didn't expect it to carry into March/April...argh.

Enjoy and post a review when you get it on the car!:cheers:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got an e-mail from UPS yesterday telling me a shipment was on its way from GMP. Looks like a 3/2 delivery date here in Utah.
I'm looking out my office window as the snow piles up on my driveway and wondering exactly when I'll be driving my Cayman again. Hopefully it will be warm enough in the week or so following delivery to change the exhaust out in my non-heated garage.
Good luck to everyone else on this delivery for getting their SpeedArt installed. Looking forward to reports.
BW

·
Registered
750 Posts
My exhaust system was delivered a little while ago and is tucked away in the garage. I can't even open it yet because the darn garage is wet. My wife came home late last night with a car full of wet snow. I brushed the excess water out this morning, but the floor is still wet. Hope to open it tomorrow or Friday.

Yes, I do have the modified bracket, somewhere.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't received any shipping info yet from Stephen...darn!!!

I modified the bracket myself and hopefully took enough material off, I think it will be fine.

I will take some pics if mine gets delivered soon...man, I cannot wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure....rub it in! I found out last week that I was the only export Gen1 system order that did not make it on the last sea freight shipment...now I have to wait another month or so to get it...I knew it was going to take some waiting for this thing, but didn't expect it to carry into March/April...argh.

Enjoy and post a review when you get it on the car!:cheers:
I am in the same boat here. After 5 months of waiting, I don't think SpeedArt is making the exhaust (Gen 1 TUV) yet. I also didn't expect to wait this long. I'll be lucky to get it in April/May....very frustrated..:mad:

For those who received your exhaust system, enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received mine today around 1:30 pm I was so excited so i decided to install it right away. It was about 40 degrees here in CT today and raining but I didnt care :banana: Parked the car in the car port ( not much room in there but enough ) put the car on jack stands and got started. Other than one bolt that just wouldnt budge and was in such a bad spot (top bolt by the cat) everything else went pretty smoothly. The position of the tips look like they hang a little low for my liking so I'll have to modify the hangers and see if I can bring it up a quarter of an inch or so.

The exhaust sounds AWSOME!! Like stock on the highway but give it a little and it comes alive! Around town its definitely louder than stock but its still mellow enough that its not irritating. I can definitely see a few tickets coming my way its just so tempting and addictive.

good luck to the rest of they people that are still waiting!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geez...here I am, right over the border into RI (Westerly) and I haven't even gotten tracking info. I am so jealous...I hope I can get the exhaust to hang right...makes me a little nervous. I want it to look perfect. Gator made it sound as if it was quite easy to place it right where you want it. I will just have to hit him up if I hit a snag...he has been great so far!!!

Congrats...and swing by Westerly for a little roar!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Pinoy,
You're a real man--40 degrees, raining and you install your exhaust system under a carport. By yourself:eek:! It's 40 degrees inside my garage on the coldest days and typically 45 degrees, and I have a kerosene heater I can crank up, but I want to wait until it's a bit warmer. Okay, you've inspired/shamed me. When my SpeedArt shows up, I'm installing it immediately. Well immediately on the first day I can get my son up here to help (I do have the excuse of still recovering from knee and shoulder injuries from a bad ski fall).
I'm very excited at the prospects of hearing this thing, thanks for your report.
BW

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
666 Posts
Sorry just had to vent...

Talking about disappointments..

Tuesday I received a message from GMP mentioning that they had my system ready to ship and that I should send the balance of $650.00 which I did.

Today I receive a new message saying ‘please disregard our previous message’ it was a mistake, your order will be fulfilled on the next ocean shipment…!!!

Looking back at the first message received from GMP (copied and pasted)

The systems will be built at the close of the group buy and will take 10-15 days to manufacture. The systems will be built to your desired specs and delivered via seafreight to the US. The delivery to the US will take 4-6 weeks and once in the US, will take 5-7 for east coat shipping and 7-10 days for west coat shipping.

Now (this week), four months latter I receive the above mentioned message… this means another two months..???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pinoy,
You're a real man--40 degrees, raining and you install your exhaust system under a carport. By yourself:eek:! It's 40 degrees inside my garage on the coldest days and typically 45 degrees, and I have a kerosene heater I can crank up, but I want to wait until it's a bit warmer. Okay, you've inspired/shamed me. When my SpeedArt shows up, I'm installing it immediately. Well immediately on the first day I can get my son up here to help (I do have the excuse of still recovering from knee and shoulder injuries from a bad ski fall).
I'm very excited at the prospects of hearing this thing, thanks for your report.
BW
haha I'm just impatient lol. It was such a long wait since the group buy I couldn't resist and I didn't have anything to do yesterday so boredom and impatience was the main reason. Just dress warm and a hat and you'll be good to go all the excitement will keep you warm! good luck!

·
Porsche Prophet
938 Posts
Retired-Teach the ups tracker said mine was delivered this morning. I don't know if I can wait for that March install party. I may just pay someone to do it! :eek:

Hey...shaggyone...I had my Borla installed by an outfit in NJ...right over the Outerbridge Crossing...PM me if you are interested...great place and they were really nice and took really good care of the car...:banana:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Sorry just had to vent...

Talking about disappointments..

Tuesday I received a message from GMP mentioning that they had my system ready to ship and that I should send the balance of $650.00 which I did.

Today I receive a new message saying ‘please disregard our previous message’ it was a mistake, your order will be fulfilled on the next ocean shipment…!!!

Looking back at the first message received from GMP (copied and pasted)

The systems will be built at the close of the group buy and will take 10-15 days to manufacture. The systems will be built to your desired specs and delivered via seafreight to the US. The delivery to the US will take 4-6 weeks and once in the US, will take 5-7 for east coat shipping and 7-10 days for west coat shipping.

Now (this week), four months latter I receive the above mentioned message… this means another two months..???

I thought I would have received some tracking info. by now too. I have not contacted Stephen, but he did say that he had my system. I sure hope I don't have to wait for the next slow boat out of Germany. Hang in there though, hopefully it will all be worth it. I am calling Stephen again tomorrow...would just like to know.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
For the rest of you that have been disappointed by Stephen and the SpeedART group buy, I think you're beeing too kind and patient. I too was in on the group buy early ( number 9 on the GB list) and have been getting the run-around and BS excuses as to why my system has not been shipped to me yet. I thought I was the only one affected by this until I read this thread.

What started as an exciting GB opportunity has turned into one of the biggest disappointments I've ever had with an aftermarket purchase. :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was very excited a week ago, but since not receiving any tracking information this week, I too am getting a bit frustrated. Upon receipt of Stephens email last Friday, I replied asking if my system was part of the arrivals and was told YES...then sent another asking about tracking information and he said it was taking some time to get the systems packed up and I would receive info as soon as it was sent. Well, it is over a week and nothing. I also emailed Stephen again yesterday and did not receive a reply. I just left a message on his voicemail at GMP in hopes that if he could send everyone some information, it may set some at ease. I was not worried about getting my system terribly quickly since the weather is crappy and I knew the car would be in the garage anyway. But, I did want to get it installed and ready for spring which is a short month away. So...hopefully we will all hear from Stephen soon and it will be good news. If I hear anything, I will post ASAP.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Regtired-Teach wrote:
Mine should be delivered today, and installed in March. The weather here right now is pretty lousy. We're expecting another 6-12 inches tomorrow.
We'll get the chance to compare the SpeedArt to the FVD at the Dragon in May.

After this Winter's snow I will not complain if we have rain for the run.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.