Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for some feedback from any member that has one of these exhausts on a Cayman with PDK. From reading the reviews it seems like the drone is very minimal with these exhausts but here is my concern…

My car is a daily driver and 60% of my driving is in traffic in auto mode. As those of you with PDK know, when you are piddling around it keeps you in a very tall gear for economy plus 7th gear also keeps the revs low even during highway cruising.

I’m concerned that I’ll spend most of my time in the “drone zone” during my daily grind commute. I know I can manually shift around it but I hate to give up the efficiency of the PDK in auto when I’m just driving to the office in traffic.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
When cruising in steady state at your typical highway speeds, what is the RPM of the PDK?

When you accelerate, there may be certain RPM/load combinations that may cause some buzz, but that will pass because you're accelerating.

It's the steady buzz when driving long distances that will wear over time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll have to double check on the morning drive but if I remember correctly it’s only turning 2200-2300 at 75 mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts