Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes, commercial grade indeed. Creative scenes, expertly edited, and perfect music. Makes us all proud to own our cars. Thanks for the two minutes of eye candy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nicely done! I am addicted to petrolocious on YouTube and this looks to be inspired by those video (less the subtitles) I absolutely love the “S A V E T H E M A N U A L” it is a shame that manuals are being phased out, Love mine wouldn’t trade it for anything. Look forward to seeing more. Only thing I would change is let that beautiful flat 6 be the music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wonderful hommage to an incredible machine. A great way to capture and remember your personal vehicle. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nicely done! I am addicted to petrolocious on YouTube and this looks to be inspired by those video (less the subtitles) I absolutely love the “S A V E T H E M A N U A L” it is a shame that manuals are being phased out, Love mine wouldn’t trade it for anything. Look forward to seeing more. Only thing I would change is let that beautiful flat 6 be the music
Thank you! I'm also a Petrolicious fan and yes, there was definitely some inspiration there. I actually reached out to them a few months ago for part time work (mostly for photography) but I didn't hear back.

I was thinking of adding more footage related to being a manual but the whole "slams foot on clutch, shifts from 4th to 3rd, slams foot on gas pedal" with mechanical sound effects is so played out from the "Fast & Furious" movies. That's why I just showed the shifting action. ;)

And I actually did record audio from the engine but it just didn't come out good enough with my equipment. I guess I could remove the insulating foam on top of the engine and try again. I know I didn't give the flat 6 sound enough recognition.

Well. That... was amazing.
Wonderful hommage to an incredible machine. A great way to capture and remember your personal vehicle. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Outstanding video! I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great vid...I especially loved the engine sounds (more of those would be great in upcoming versions :) )

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Pls add the normally aspirated Flat Six singing inside the tunnel, that will be really sweet.
Great vid...I especially loved the engine sounds (more of those would be great in upcoming versions :) )
Thanks guys! More engine sounds are definitely needed. I went out today and got an opportunity to go WOT on a freeway onramp and kinda regret not trying harder to incorporate that into the video. Thing is, capturing audio that sounds crisp and realistic is a little tricky, but something I plan on exploring. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nicely done! Music, transition from scene to scene, all looks very professional.

My only gripe is that it is too short! I could easily watch 10 minutes of that scenery, car color / reflections, movement, and stunning model.

Thanks for taking the time to create that.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've spend countless hours making scuba videos so I know the agony and effort. Very well done. I really liked the reflection of the tunnel on the rear lid of the car. That was a great idea. However, I honestly think the woman getting into it ruins it. It detracts from the rest and gives it a juvenile cheesy feel - like some HS kid would do if he shot a video of his daddy's car. Sorry, just being honest. I honestly groaned out loud when I saw that. The rest was great, artistic, and well executed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nicely done! Music, transition from scene to scene, all looks very professional.

My only gripe is that it is too short! I could easily watch 10 minutes of that scenery, car color / reflections, movement, and stunning model.

Thanks for taking the time to create that.
Thanks for watching!

I've spend countless hours making scuba videos so I know the agony and effort. Very well done. I really liked the reflection of the tunnel on the rear lid of the car. That was a great idea. However, I honestly think the woman getting into it ruins it. It detracts from the rest and gives it a juvenile cheesy feel - like some HS kid would do if he shot a video of his daddy's car. Sorry, just being honest. I honestly groaned out loud when I saw that. The rest was great, artistic, and well executed.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I knew adding her would be controversial and not relevant to the car itself, but I felt like adding a little more to the story, although I didn't really continue with that theme.

Yeah making these videos really is tough...what software do you use for your videos? I used Adobe Premiere Elements which I know has some limitations compared to the pro version, and also why I couldn't get the "SAVE THE MANUAL" to appear in a sentence so I was forced to show the letters 1 by 1. I know some people weren't able to read that on the first pass.

I ordered a new mic that's arriving tomorrow and excited to see how well it can capture the engine sounds. I'm debating whether it's worth it to remove the foam on top of the engine cover...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
After I posted that, I thought that you might take it as being too harsh. Sorry about that. Glad you didn't. To me, it just distracted from your excellent work. It was like you didn't trust yourself enough with "just the car" and needed to add something. :) Again, just my opinion, and it was great work either way. Judging by the other posts, I'm alone (or just the least polite!) :)

I used Pinnacle Liquid Edition up to about 5 - 6 years ago. Avid then bought it from Pinnacle and released it as Liquid Pro7. I loved it, but they discontinued it at version 7. Then I moved to Avid Media Composer which was the most complex convoluted nonintuitive software I used (I think it was used for a major motion picture, so it was extremely powerful, but way beyond my needs). I aged 10 years learning it. After two videos (and therapy), I gave that up and switched to Final Cut Pro. I made three videos on that and either needed to jump off a tall cliff or give it up. Final Cut is intuitive and stable, but I was burned out (just when I started to get pretty good). I switched to shooting stills underwater, which is another world. The best thing would be for me to just dive again without a massive camera, but I haven't gotten back there yet...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well for better or worse, I've started writing a script for a 2nd one. :) I need better microphones to properly capture the sound from the engine & exhaust. Easier said than done.

In the meantime I was going through photos and remembered I took some "behind the scene" shots and thought I'd share to give a little more insight.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts