Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I failed to see a parking curb/stopper while pulling into a spot and ripped off the passenger side splitter. Should be able to put it back on with new grommets, but need to repaint it.

I contemplated upgrading to Aerokit splitters, but I can't figure out how they justify the price tag ($750). Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyway the plan is to repaint the ones I have. My 2007 CS is atlas grey metallic. I'm considering painting them red to match the calipers. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Also, would you share some reprinting tips?

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
splitters 1.JPG splitters 2.JPG

I damaged my splitters last year on my way to the Hershey Porsche Swap meet. I considered upgrading to a more aggressive splitter, but the cost was too much for me. I opted to have my splitters painted at the cost of $ 60.00 plus the cost of the OEM plastic expanding grommets. The install took 15 minutes for both sides.

I am happy with the decision. As far as you repainting your splitters a different color that is totally up to you; however, if you do not like the new color you can always have them painted the original color at minimal cost.

Good luck

Reactions: tacomanator

·
Registered
865 Posts
Last year I added a set of AeroKit splitters. They come primed but I reprimed them using Eastwood 2 part catalyzed primer followed by 2 part finish and clear coat. There is an article about this installation over on the Cayman Register.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You might think of going the carbon fiber route off eBay for about half the price (plus no painting).

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
please don't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
go carbon fibre or gloss black if you relaly dont want the OEM colour...or get it matched to your car's body colour rather than the brakes. dont go too overboard with two tone!

Reactions: tacomanator

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have Atlas Grey also, and a couple of years ago someone had a set of silver splitters for sale that I picked up. I think they look nice as a subtle contrast to my car's color. They were lighter than the original splitter that came on my car. They have gotten scuffed up a bit too, but now I have two sets so I'll likely paint the original ones and swap them ot soon. Red might be a bit much, but to each his own.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input everyone ! I'm leaning towards trying black to start with but will also keep an eye out for a reasonable carbon fiber swap on eBay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like body color (it gives a visaul appearance of lowering the vehicle IMO) or Carbon Fiber. I'm going back and forth myself on my 987.2 spyder. Does anyone have a link for a CF splitter and rear diffuser for a 987.2? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Mine were silver to begin with, so after enough chips and scrapes I just repainted them on the car. Got a silver from Pep Boys and some blue tape. Probably have done it 3 or 4 times over the years. If you want to match the body color get a can from Paintscratch.com.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts