Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spoiled for choice ? ;-)

Anyway... When I got my car, it had this ding in both the spoiler and the duck lip... PO must have hit a shelf or something because the bumper's fine !

A good friend "fixed" the duck in no time with his airbrush and very little filler... He's a genius, that guy...

That leaves me to deal with the spoiler "cover"... Off in the picture above, but still dinged in a way that does not lend itself to sanding/filling....

It comes off with 7 torx 15 screws incidentally...

This is harder to find than I thought... The dealer can order one from atlanta for $117...no, wait, superseded part..that'll be $168 (ouch) in primer ! Then I need to paint it, not horrible $$ but still....

so the duck is good, but that little ding bugs me. See what I mean, the plastic is deformed, you cannot really sand that down or reshape it, I tried and made it worse.. Has anybody tried leaving the spoiler in mate black primer look? I'm intrigued, but it may look silly. I don't want to put an aftermarket wing for $$$... Black might be alright though...

Parts Heaven almost hung up on me (Cayman? What's that?)... Surely there is a CS dismantler out there than can set me up with a white one, but I cannot find it... Ideas ? It's not a huge deal, I can live with this for a while...

Just posting on the off chance one of you has either a white spare lying around, or a picture of a black spoiler on a white car..

Feeble attempt with photoshop... don't know... Not awful, but...

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's this real nice carbon fiber vinyl that 3M makes, you can try to wrap the spoiler with that. I had it done on my car, but it's a black Cayman.

Here are some pictures of a new gen Cayman with some body parts wrapped: Album 1 Gallery 6 Gallery | Carbon Fiber Film

You can also think about doing it with a white or silver one if you want a different look.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
If I remember correctly, I have an extra spoiler with "carbon fiber" vinyl. Not the greatest of install but not bad. (ie a few very small bubbles) Otherwise, it's gray under the vinyl. I'll let it go for $80.00. Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, I'd check with Suncoast.

Good luck!
-Moto

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely interested :)

Pm me for payment method of choice, thanks! For $80 I can experiment a bit with colors...

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
This reminds me of some pictures I've been meaning to upload and post for a couple of years now.

I changed the color of the spoiler on my first Cayman. Not carbon fiber, but you get the point. Consider doing something like this.

Actually, I've been thinking of doing this again on Yellowbird.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You may be able to get rid of those bubbles in the carbon fiber film by popping them with a pin or an exact-o knife and then massaging the air out of the film... Should be almost undetectable.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
You should check with Suncoast...If I remember correctly, the OEM part from them is around $75...it comes in flat black...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts