Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While hitting the 77 mph mark, got a message on the info display, it said "SPOILER LOSS - REDUCE SPEED". Looked back and the Spoiler was still there and up. I did and it when away. Went back up to 77 & it did it again. Cruised at about 65 for a while then when back up to 77 and all was/is fine (no message).

Anyone have any idea what happened ?

2015 Cayman

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Did you check the rear of the car to see if the spoiler was still there? (Sorry)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Maybe a bad sensor? I would have dealer replace it.

I will bet that you got that down low clenching feeling when you saw that message!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Either the spoiler didn't go up or a sensor thought the spoiler didn't go up. Should be recorded in the car for the service techs to figure out.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The spoiler is detected by a magnet on the scissors mechanism inside the car. The sensor could be going bad, the magnet is pressed into one of the arms and can be pushed out without too much pressure.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
While hitting the 77 mph mark, got a message on the info display, it said "SPOILER LOSS - REDUCE SPEED". Looked back and the Spoiler was still there and up. I did and it when away. Went back up to 77 & it did it again. Cruised at about 65 for a while then when back up to 77 and all was/is fine (no message).

Anyone have any idea what happened ?

2015 Cayman
Best to be cautious over 130 MPH when you get that light.

Reactions: HankB

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not been able to re-create this problem (I have not hit 130 Mph yet, still breaking in - 1,300 miles). I'll have to have it checked next time I am by the Dealer's.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I have not been able to re-create this problem (I have not hit 130 Mph yet, still breaking in - 1,300 miles).
A little friendly poke here Hank,

Did not someone settle this.

Shake 1.jpg

To "break in" or "not to break in" that is the question? Oh sorry wrong citation.

Only in PCNA land do we have to do as mother says.:hilarious: Just stirring the pot AGAIN. Sorry Hank but could not resist.

:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem. I know the "break-in" question has/is a highly debated question. but I figure it can't hurt to follow the recommended procedures while I'm still getting used to my first P.
I got "smart-azz" with my BMW RS1100/RSLA, when new, and had the wildest un-intended wheelie ever (at least I thought it was). :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts