Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'06 Boxster S

The spoiler deploys at 75+ mph however the button on the dash will not deploy it while parked. I have not dug into it yet but am looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you just pressing it or are you holding it down?

If you are parked, you need to hold it down until it is deployed.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, as I recall you have to hold it down for maybe 3 or 4 seconds, and I think the switch then lights up. Maybe it lights up when you first push it - don't recall as I never use it. When I bought my used Cayman the switch was not working, and I ended up having it replaced at the Porsche dealer for something like $200. I later ran across a much cheaper fix somewhere on the forum, so if you do have a faulty switch, poke around the forum for the fix.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
As soon as you push the button, it lights up but you must hold the button to raise the wing. To lower the wing, push and hold the button until the light turns off.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Mine goes up automatically at 77mph and down at 52mph. Thought it suppose to be 75mph and 50mph.
The indicated speed on the dash speedometer is intentionally padded by Porsche to be inaccurate and always read high. It's funny; if you pull the speed directly from the OBDII port, it's different from what's shown on the dash and very close to true speed (as measured by GPS & measured mile). Your spoiler probably actually is going up at 75mph, it's your speedometer that's wrong.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Look at the dates on the post. You are replying to a discussion from 5 1/2 years ago by an OP that hasn't logged into the site since

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I'm only 71, so I do make occasional errors. And sometimes my terminal cancer interferes with logic. Sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts