Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search, no hits, so...Before I started cleaning my CGTS today I raised the spoiler as I always do before a wash. When I was done cleaning and went to lower it, it refused to lower. It sounds like it makes an attempt to and moves maybe an 1/8th of an inch like something was blocking it from going down. Tried long and short presses on the button, no change. Going to call the dealer tomorrow morning, but has anyone else run into this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Try driving it first up to speed to see if it will go down by itself when you slow.

·
Noob
857 Posts
Try driving it first up to speed to see if it will go down by itself when you slow.
Yeah try that. I don't remember but I think it happened to mine too, that it didn't go down while the car was parked.
But when I drove it, it went back down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions -I just went out to the car again and now it goes down. Not sure why waiting a couple of hours made a difference, but at least I saved the gas. :hilarious:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Show it a picture of Rosie O'Donnell.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's how my spoiler problem started. Would sometime stay up or half up, then not go down, sometimes for hours, sometimes for days. Eventually brought it in to the dealer and the entire mechanism had to be replaced as some cables were frayed (or so they claimed).

Kay

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Had similar happen with mine a few months back. Exact same circumstances. Does it lower *all the way*, or does there seem to be a 5mm larger gap than usual? Folks on Pistonheads have reported similar as well.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
No. The servos are electro-mechanical.
OK, I stand corrected. I was just an educated guess.

That being said, is it correct to assume the car must be driven for the spoiler to actuate? That's how mine behaves.

Could the system require more juice from the alternator?

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts

That being said, is it correct to assume the car must be driven for the spoiler to actuate? That's how mine behaves.

With key on it can be manual activated (up/down) from center console button. With 2013s only though it retracts automatically when key is cycled.

IIRC beginning with 2014s it will remain up until manually lowered with console buttom. Of course it activates upwards at speeds above 70-75 mph.

:cheers:

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

My educated guess is that you're an old timer. Vacuum activated? As in windshield wipers from 1952? :) More juice from the alternators? The alternator charges the battery. If there wasn't enough power to raise the tail, there wouldn't be enough to start the car, illuminate the headlights, etc. I suspect that rubber chicken is activated by juice and air pressure, but not much else these days. :)

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Old timer? Jeeze - I'm in my late 40's...

Juice and Air Pressure - well that is a more accurate assessment

Just trying to understand from you knuckleheads if the freaking wing is supposed to not work when the car is stationary. Mine does not.
RC,

It's just some good humor fun herein but maybe Picard would say this picard.jpg .

So from one 70 yr old knucklehead :dance: to a young chap let me follow up again.

Spoiler should work when car is stationery - key on and hit the console button. I need to do this often after I have moved LG but forgotten to hit button when moving LG up to our main garage for her bath. I do not think engine needs to be running when stationery - but LG is still hibernating and its been a long winter.:(

If spoiler will not operate under any of these conditions, sounds like a trip to Dealer. Not sure if it has a dedicated fuse.

:cheers:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had similar happen with mine a few months back. Exact same circumstances. Does it lower *all the way*, or does there seem to be a 5mm larger gap than usual? Folks on Pistonheads have reported similar as well.
Yeah, I noticed that, couldn't remember if it was that way before or not (memory like sieve) - been meaning to swing by the dealer to compare to another.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts