Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need front shoes but have fairly new rear P-Zero's. Looking at Michelin it doesn't look like either the 4S or SS come in matched pairs for the 19" rims and I keep hearing that mixing tyre types is a bad idea. What are people with 19s doing if they want to get into Michelin's?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I couldn't wait any longer when I was on an extended road trip in August. I went with the Continental ExtremeContact Sport; sidewalls not as stiff as the SuperSport or 4S, but wet weather performance a little better. I was told that the 4S might be available in November, but I was down to 3 & 4/32's with over 4,000 miles left on my road trip.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have 20s and finding tires is a bitch. I finally got what I wanted (PSCup2s) by gambling that going to 245s in front would not cause any rubbing issues. No problemo! The point for you is that you are not locked into the OEM tire specs, but don't stray too far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 20s and finding tires is a bitch. I finally got what I wanted (PSCup2s) by gambling that going to 245s in front would not cause any rubbing issues. No problemo! The point for you is that you are not locked into the OEM tire specs, but don't stray too far.
That's what I thought as well, but when I suggested some alternate size roughly 2% smaller diameter to my dealer, he balked saying it would screw up traction control.

·
Registered
261 Posts
When I was shopping last cycle, I wanted the MPSS's but sizes weren't available, so I gave the S04's a roll.

This Spring I'd like to do a set of MP4S, but it is looking like a similar movie...sizes not available... oof.

If they still aren't available in Spring, I'm not sure if I will got to a different (available) size, or look for something else in the correct sizes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 20"s on my 14 Cayman S, and have a new set of PS4S going on Saturday morning. The Non N-Spec tires are apparently in stock and easy to get right now. My local dealer suggested that the N-Spec versions are just starting to roll out, but they couldn't get both fronts and rears at this point in time, but likely could in the near future.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Guys (and gals) - are we sure that "traction control problem" with placing 275/35 R19 on the rear isn't BS? I am planning to go PS4S route for the street 19"s and get a 18" setup for track next spring. I frankly never thought that THAT difference in diameter would cause issues. Any confirmed stories/direct experiences?

TIA

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm running P4S in 245/35ZR20 front and 285/30ZR20 rear. Perfect setup. Best street tire on the market. If you track more than 2 days a year, go for the Cup2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need front shoes but have fairly new rear P-Zero's. Looking at Michelin it doesn't look like either the 4S or SS come in matched pairs for the 19" rims and I keep hearing that mixing tyre types is a bad idea. What are people with 19s doing if they want to get into Michelin's?
Call TireRack--they have the SS available in correct sizes for your 19 wheels. Or do a tire size search instead of vehicle and the fronts and rears will show up.
I'm going to be going to Michelin PilotSport A/S 3+ in 225x40 front and 255x40 rear very soon. I use my car as DD and it does get cold many mornings on my drive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.