Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the morning looking at various parts for the Cayman. Just about the time I was ready to quit I came across a set of Sport Buckets. I've got to start a crack habit. It would have to be cheaper!

This brings the count to 4 sets of seats in the basement. I guess I could mount them all in a row and show old racing films in the basement.

I should have the buckets and LCAs installed for OVR's Mid-Ohio event next weekend.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete,

Yes, the new sport buckets with airbags. I will most likely try making the trip with these. It will be the acid test for my latest Ti additions to my spine!

The other sets are 996 GT3 seats, 2010 GT3 sport adaptive seats and a set of Sparco Monza seats.

Needless to say the wife is not happy about her space.

I broke out my Dragon mug for coffee today. Looking forward to the trip.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
:hilarious:
I spent the morning looking at various parts for the Cayman. Just about the time I was ready to quit I came across a set of Sport Buckets. I've got to start a crack habit. It would have to be cheaper!

This brings the count to 4 sets of seats in the basement. I guess I could mount them all in a row and show old racing films in the basement.

I should have the buckets and LCAs installed for OVR's Mid-Ohio event next weekend.
Thats a great idea, perfect it you buy a popcorm machine with the next set of seats!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can you elaborate on your seat collection ?? Are you looking for mainly track, track and daily driving or mostly driving some trac ?? Love to hear your conclusions when you return.

Jack

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I spent the morning looking at various parts for the Cayman. Just about the time I was ready to quit I came across a set of Sport Buckets. I've got to start a crack habit.
Stick with the seats! BTW are you preparing the car for track use! Seems to me the sport seats are great for street use.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from Mid-Ohio with NASA for the weekend helping a couple of friends. I saw a few Caymans and a silver 06 go to a new owner.

I'm prepping the car for light track duty. I want to keep this car streetable. It is way too much fun as a dailey driver to relegate it to track only.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Alan, are these heated? Or you no longer care for heat?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you elaborate on your seat collection ?? Are you looking for mainly track, track and daily driving or mostly driving some track ?? Love to hear your conclusions when you return
My thought process is to find a set of seats for the track that I can put in and take out without issue. The sport buckets would be a close fit with no airbag issues. The 996 GT3 seats would work well for track but I'd have to deal with the airbag reset. The adaptive sport seats would make a set of nice daily drivers.

I see myself keeping the sport buckets and maybe the adaptive sport seats. If that is the case then I'll sell the 996 GT3 seats, the Sparco seats and the manual seats that came in the car.

are these heated? Or you no longer care for heat?
I don't believe the sport buckets are heated. I didn't think to ask. Since they will only be in for warm weather I'm not too concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
My thought process is to find a set of seats for the track that I can put in and take out without issue.
I see myself keeping the sport buckets and maybe the adaptive sport seats.
Sounds like a good plan; sport buckets for track and adaptive sport seats for the seat. You should buy Durametric's 6.0 so you can reset the CEL which will probably get occasionally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.