Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 981, 6MT without PSE, when I depress the sport button at idle there is a noticeable change in the exhaust note. There is also change while accelerating. Does this occur in the 718, no PSE, no Sport Chrono? While I have driven several 718s, I have not actually applied this test. Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I thought so but wanted verification.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Correct more specifically the idle changes to higher idle in sport. Thus a noise change.
The throttle also opens wider for a given movement of your foot creating more RPM’s thus more noise.
The point being nothing physically changes in the stock muffler to create more noise unlike the PSE which has a valve.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it is more than an RPM change. With the Sport button engaged the exhaust is louder, the RPMs are up; but, you also get exhaust crackle, pops and backfires which is not present at all with Sport not engaged. Seems like a exhaust vane is being opened (?). Similar to PSE, but not as loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.