Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to move from the multifunction steering wheel to the sport design in my PDK Cayman.

Interior is agate gray. Knowing that the airbag (also agate gray) will be moving to the new steering wheel, what are thoughts on going with a black leather wheel?

Currently the steering column surround is black, as well as the floor mats and some parts of the trim and dash.

Think black would look right, or do I need to go agate gray on the wheel?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Personally, I always prefer a black wheel regardless of interior color. so I'd vote for black.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Go black. It'll contrast nicely with the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Black it is.

I'm planning to have the dealership do this. They quoted me $1417 for parts, $400 for installation. (includes leather sport design wheel as well as adding the multifunction stalk to the steering column)

·
Incurable Gearhead
1,007 Posts
The contrast is gonna look nice! Good choice, imho.

Reactions: IIIAWOLIII

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Whew...congrats.. Just know that you can install that wheel yourself for 10-12 minutes of effort. That's how long it took me and many others. Just an FYI on that install price. That's steep. But you will love the results. Congrats again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whew...congrats.. Just know that you can install that wheel yourself for 10-12 minutes of effort. That's how long it took me and many others. Just an FYI on that install price. That's steep. But you will love the results. Congrats again.
Thanks for the thought. I'd read about changing the wheel itself, and it seems pretty easy. But moving from a multifunction wheel to sport design wheel on PDK requires a stalk to be added to the steering column, as well as ECU programming.

Do you think the stalk work is something DIYers can tackle? I'd then need only take it to the dealer for programming.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I didn't catch that. No...I take my comment back. That's some effort. Enjoy the results!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.