Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to suspension only what difference is there between sport plus on/off and PASM on/off. It looks to me to be the same and that PASM gives you the ability to adjust the suspension without the other modifications made by the sport chrono package. Am looking at a Boxster and if I was not getting a GTS am trying to figure out why would you get PASM if your going with the sport chrono package ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Well... SC comes with some sort of fancy dynamic transmission mounts. It stands to reason that they probably stiffen up in Sports+ mode, making the whole chassis a bit stiffer as a whole. If you can consider that a suspension change, then there may be some perceptible difference in the handling between having it in Sports+ as opposed to only having PASM in sport mode.

Did you ask that last question backwards though? I mean... if you get SC and you don't get PASM, then you won't have that difference in the suspension at all with Sports+ mode. You'll only get the transmission mounts doing their thing. Without PASM, Sports+ does nothing to the damping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so if I understand you activating sports plus in a car with PASM puts the suspension in sport mode. A car without PASM would have no change in suspension . If I remember correctly from my test drive pushing the sports plus button activated the PASM button

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Ok so if I understand you activating sports plus in a car with PASM puts the suspension in sport mode. A car without PASM would have no change in suspension . If I remember correctly from my test drive pushing the sports plus button activated the PASM button
Right. When you press Sports Plus, it activates PASM's Sport mode (light on). If you'd like though, and I did this almost every single time I used Sports Plus mode, you can then press the PASM button to put it back in Comfort mode.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Just curious as to suspension only what difference is there between sport plus on/off and PASM on/off. It looks to me to be the same and that PASM gives you the ability to adjust the suspension without the other modifications made by the sport chrono package. Am looking at a Boxster and if I was not getting a GTS am trying to figure out why would you get PASM if your going with the sport chrono package ?

Thanks!
PASM is not on or off. It is always on. You can select a sport or normal mode but it is always there. Selecting sport + mode with SC automatically shifts PASM to sport. You can deselect it afterwards however. Obviously you can shift PASM to sport or normal regardless of the sport/sport+ setting.

Sport + also relaxes the point at which PSM enagages and as WW says, SC has dynamic transmission mounts.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
You know... we're trying really hard, but I still have no idea whether we've answered his original question. :D

WISCO? Whadda ya think?? :D

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The other detail not described is that PASM, when in "comfort" mode, that is when the button light is not on, the suspension is actually slightly softer than a base suspension. And when the button is lit it makes the suspension stiffer but not as tight as the "analog" Sport Suspension. That's how I remember it being explained to me. I think with the GTS there is no option to have neither. You have either PASM or Sport Suspension and installed.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The other detail not described is that PASM, when in "comfort" mode, that is when the button light is not on, the suspension is actually slightly softer than a base suspension. And when the button is lit it makes the suspension stiffer but not as tight as the "analog" Sport Suspension. That's how I remember it being explained to me. I think with the GTS there is no option to have neither. You have either PASM or Sport Suspension and installed.
Yeah. PASM is standard with the GTS and there's no option to go to the "base" 981 suspension. I think the OP gets this as he specifically mentioned the question being relevant if NOT getting the GTS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So if you hit sports plus the car goes to sport suspension, can you then hit the pasm button deselecting the sport suspension and still be in sports plus? Still wondering if SC with a manual is really worth it when its an option if your not tracking the car. Also, sorry for the multiple sign ins had trouble at home with the Wisco login. Now that I ordered the car and have four months to think about it am wondering how useful a couple of items that I really wanted would be of real use in daily or spirits driving given the cars capabilities?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
So if you hit sports plus the car goes to sport suspension, can you then hit the pasm button deselecting the sport suspension and still be in sports plus?
Yes.

Still wondering if SC with a manual is really worth it when its an option if your not tracking the car. Also, sorry for the multiple sign ins had trouble at home with the Wisco login. Now that I ordered the car and have four months to think about it am wondering how useful a couple of items that I really wanted would be of real use in daily or spirits driving given the cars capabilities?
Well... I was looking forward to trying out the rev matching. Then I got to try it for the first time on a test drive and thought "meh... neat... but no big deal". Now that I've actually got my car though... honestly, I REALLY like the rev matching. Of course, this means I'm driving around all the time in Sport+... with PASM set to comfort mode. :D

Honestly, I'm very happy I have SC. Granted, it wasn't optional for mine... but I'd have definitely ordered it if buying the S.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well... I was looking forward to trying out the rev matching. Then I got to try it for the first time on a test drive and thought "meh... neat... but no big deal". Now that I've actually got my car though... honestly, I REALLY like the rev matching. Of course, this means I'm driving around all the time in Sport+... with PASM set to comfort mode. :D

Honestly, I'm very happy I have SC. Granted, it wasn't optional for mine... but I'd have definitely ordered it if buying the S.
My first impression was pretty much the same. Now I've gotten used to it being there and sometimes will just downshift to hear it rev.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
My first impression was pretty much the same. Now I've gotten used to it being there and sometimes will just downshift to hear it rev.
heh. I know exactly what you're talking about. I tell myself that I'm shifting because I'm in the break-in period and shouldn't stay in the same gear for any length of time. Something tells me though that this behaviour may persist after I hit 3k km's... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts