Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had luck or heard of anyone having luck having Sport Plus enabled on a 981 at the dealer? My dealer attempted, the programming tech said he could, but it failed. They are gonna do more research and talk to Germany but I thought I would ask here to maybe help them along. I have seen guys somehow coding them as other models to get it, but I'm not doing that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone had luck or heard of anyone having luck having Sport Plus enabled on a 981 at the dealer? My dealer attempted, the programming tech said he could, but it failed. They are gonna do more research and talk to Germany but I thought I would ask here to maybe help them along. I have seen guys somehow coding them as other models to get it, but I'm not doing that!
Not possible with 981, just 987, so you're out of luck. :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are missing more than a button. You are missing the much more complicated computer mapping. Maybe a company like Cobb can crack the code after investing a lot of time and money in r&d, then selling it to you for a nice profit. I don't see how a tech at a dealership could figure it out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What are you looking for with the sport chrono mode? You have a manual, so the launch control and quicker shifts and mapping of the PDK dont apply. You obviously wont get the clock or the dynamic engine mounts that come with the sport chrono package.

What is it you want out of the package that you dont have? Auto rev matching? Different throttle response? Or just the g-meters and other fun toys the computer has available?

Like someone said, I'm sure Cobb or similar might be able to give you the throttle mapping and such, but to me there isnt really anything that worth it in the package that could just be added via software.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i don't believe Sport Chrono (Sport+ mode) has a different throttle mapping then Sport - I don't notice a change on my car. The package includes dynamic transmission mounts, not engine mounts (or so I've read - just noticed the manual calls them dynamic engine mounts).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What are you looking for with the sport chrono mode? You have a manual, so the launch control and quicker shifts and mapping of the PDK dont apply. You obviously wont get the clock or the dynamic engine mounts that come with the sport chrono package.

What is it you want out of the package that you dont have? Auto rev matching? Different throttle response? Or just the g-meters and other fun toys the computer has available?

Like someone said, I'm sure Cobb or similar might be able to give you the throttle mapping and such, but to me there isnt really anything that worth it in the package that could just be added via software.
Honestly, from what I have heard/read it makes it more aggressive throttle, dials back PSM and yes, the rev matching I would love to have. It might be one of those things I play with a few times with the extra screens and such and forget for a while but I'd like to have the extra stuff I guess. And I've been down the road with tuners and add ons from third parties and it's a road I won't go down again. If it's not from Porsche, I don't buy it so if it turns out it can't be done, that's the end of it for me.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are missing more than a button. You are missing the much more complicated computer mapping. Maybe a company like Cobb can crack the code after investing a lot of time and money in r&d, then selling it to you for a nice profit. I don't see how a tech at a dealership could figure it out.
Well of course, I know that, hence why I took it in for them to try to do the programming. This isn't my first rodeo in the Porsche realm. It's a package you can buy from Suncoast for the Panamera and Macan so there's no reason to believe it can't be done for the Cayman with the right help from Stuttgart. And honestly I don't know why it wouldn't be available. The service manager said it usually has to do with getting a code from Germany to enable features after the car has left the factory. The Tech said via the service manager he felt he could do it but he obviously couldn't. I'm not scheduled for any service for a full year so I'll give them a year to see if they can get it done. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
well, I just did the group buy of the memory module this week. Sport+ isn't default enabled there, but it is an option to enable it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.