Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this is normal? When I engage sport plus on my manual Cayman S it starts the rev matching feature but when I turn off psm it stops doing it. I would have thought rev matching would stay on in the most extreme mode. I can heal and toe if necessary but would like to know if there is an issue with my car as I had 18 faults with my first 981CS which they eventually replaced. Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is normal. They're probably thinking if you're willing to turn off the Please Save Me mode, you want the most manual mode with the most responsive throttle modulation the car can offer.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Yes. This is normal. It gives you the ability to turn off rev matching while still being in sport + mode.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yep. Like they said. :D

I still wish the rev-matching had it's own button and was 100% individually selectable. I ended up liking it a lot more than I expected I would. :D

Reactions: Caymeown

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had a window of opportunity today - between freezing temps and/or snow - to take my (still new w/<125 miles) CGTS out for a spin. I'm still exploring the features of this car and today I experienced the rev-matching for the first time. WOW! I'm not the best at heal and toe - I manage to do it right about 2/3 of the time - and I was really surprised at how well the rev-match works - 100% of the time.

Like WW, I would like a stand alone button to turn this feature on/off at will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts