Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the sound of the Speedart "sport" similar to the "export"? I can't decide which system to go with. I like the sound of the "export"but don't really want 99db WOT. If "sport" sounds same and gets same power without extra noise I think I would be satified. Comments please.:helpme:

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Is the sound of the Speedart "sport" similar to the "export"? I can't decide which system to go with. I like the sound of the "export"but don't really want 99db WOT. If "sport" sounds same and gets same power without extra noise I think I would be satified. Comments please.:helpme:
Croctor:

There's not a ton of difference between the two in performance or sound. Sport is a touch quieter. Like you, I'm more of a stealth fan. If it could sound stock and just give the performance, I'd be happy. I'm on the Sport list.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Croctor:

There's not a ton of difference between the two in performance or sound. Sport is a touch quieter. Like you, I'm more of a stealth fan. If it could sound stock and just give the performance, I'd be happy. I'm on the Sport list.
Thanks, I've made up my mind but what can you expect from an older guy who wears ear plugs to cut his lawn.:thanks:

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
I've had the SpeedArt Sport for almost 3 years. While sound levels are a matter of personal preference, it's plenty loud for my daily driver. Still love it.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
I think the "sport" and export versions are the same thing. The quieter version is the TUV (european approved model). I ordered the TUV because 98 dbs is loud enough for me. I don't think there will be much of a difference between the models. Mine won't be in for another month so I can't give you any first hand knowlege.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen posted that "sport" is 93 db WOT and "export" more like 99 db,but I may stand to be corrected on this.:cheers:

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
I had meant to order the TUV but it looks like I ordered the export. Hopefully it won't be an issue.
I don't think they have started on the TUV models yet, you might give Stephen a call or drop him an email and see if it's too late to switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts